+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS- 2005 applicants pls update status

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi emsky

that's great....may the force be with you....i would like to think this time you will get there....btw, did you ever tried requesting for your caips?

cheers

emsky1973 said:
Hi Kiwi,

I can still access mine but with blank status. I haven't received notice yet. I'm applying for new.

Regards,

quote author=kiwi1 link=topic=74379.msg2340022#msg2340022 date=1371008251]
hi emsky

my access to ecas is long gone...7 March in the morning was the last time I ever saw my ecas details with a blank status...That evening when I decided to have a look again, it was all but sweet memory (hehehe)..since then, my application has gone AWOL....

how about yours?...are you not applying anew?

cheers

farmerofthedell

Star Member
Jun 21, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014-09-12
AOR Received.
2014-12-30
File Transfer...
2015-01-08
Med's Request
2015-07-02
Med's Done....
2015-07-07
Passport Req..
2015-08-04
VISA ISSUED...
2015-08-21
LANDED..........
2016-03-18
kiwi1 said:
to those waiting for the refund, here's the reason why the delay...

Important Update: Refund from CIO

We have just received an email from FSWFeeReturn @ cic.gc.ca in response to our inquiry regarding the refund on processing fee. This applies to all applicants from the Philippines.
This message is in response to your inquiry about the return of the immigration fees paid in relation to your FSW application to immigrate to Canada.

Most fees are being returned in the form of a cheque from the Receiver General of Canada. However, as a result of banking restrictions on foreign cheques in your country of residence, you will not be able to cash a Receiver General cheque issued from Canada. Alternative payment options are currently being investigated by CIC.

In the mean time, the only payment option available to you is to request that fees be returned to someone else who is not residing in your country of residence. If you choose this option, please complete another “Return of Processing Fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee or Right of Landing Fee” form at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5741E.pdf and designate an alternate payee. The form must be signed by the principal applicant for CIC to proceed with the payee change.

Fees will be returned in the appropriate currency known to be accepted in the recipient's country of residence. The exchange rate will be calculated on the date of the fee return.

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences of the delays you are experiencing and are doing our best to expedite the fee return process.

Thank You,
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

If you are one of those waiting for the refund from CIO, this explains the delay. If you know someone in Canada whom you can trust, you may designate them to expedite the process.
I got a different letter yesterday (but dated June 3). Mine states that Canada has imposed sanctions against my country (Philippines) under the "Special Economic Measures Act", which a Google check shows to apply mostly to Iran and Syria. It claims that CIC cannot issue any payments directly to my country.

There are no banking restrictions against Canadian Dollar checks, although only a few banks in the Philippines accept them (HSBC is one). It is also untrue that the Philippines falls under Canada's SEMA. Lastly, CIC accepted local currency payments for FSW applications, they can well make the refunds in PHP as they made refunds in rupees to Indian applicants.

june14

Aug 2, 2010
farmerofthedell said:
I got a different letter yesterday (but dated June 3). Mine states that Canada has imposed sanctions against my country (Philippines) under the "Special Economic Measures Act", which a Google check shows to apply mostly to Iran and Syria. It claims that CIC cannot issue any payments directly to my country.

There are no banking restrictions against Canadian Dollar checks, although only a few banks in the Philippines accept them (HSBC is one). It is also untrue that the Philippines falls under Canada's SEMA. Lastly, CIC accepted local currency payments for FSW applications, they can well make the refunds in PHP as they made refunds in rupees to Indian applicants.
hi,

Im march 2005 applicant. I also received the same letter dated june 3, 2013 and sent it back this monday june 24. Though this is the end of my canadian dream, the letter that i received was an answered to my prayer. Waiting is over and let us continue with our journey. It's not the end of the world. Goodluck & God bless us all

virgiemaricel

Jul 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2005
Med's Request
05-2010
Med's Done....
19-10-2010/ sent to CEM on 4-11-2010
Passport Req..
07-12-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2011
LANDED..........
11-05-2011
Hello guys! I was a January 2005 applicant and got the visa January 2011. Ask ko lang sino pa dito ang 2005 applicant na nabigyan ng visa? Please update your status. Thanks thanks!

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
virgiemaricel said:
Hello guys! I was a January 2005 applicant and got the visa January 2011. Ask ko lang sino pa dito ang 2005 applicant na nabigyan ng visa? Please update your status. Thanks thanks!
@virgiemaricel

Congratulations! I noticed from your profile that you filed your application 01/26/2005. I filed mine two days after, 01/28/2005. Unfortunately, it has been more than 8 years from that filing date and our application has now been terminated by CIC.

kiwi1

Star Member
Jun 9, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello guys

I just want to share something with regards to my March 2005 FSW application.

Further to my status below, I received the termination letter dated 24 May 2013 from CIC-Ottawa and instruction to reply within 60d (24 July 2013)..I waited for sometime and finally decided to complete the form and send back to CIC-Ottawa since the deadline was near...However, I lost/misplaced that letter and can't find it..Instead, I decided to use the online form in the CIC website last 15 July 2013.

However, today, I received a letter dated 12 July 2013 from CIC-Ottawa and before opening it I thought it was the refund cheque. However, to my surprise, this is the content of the letter:

File # BXXXXXXXXX

July 12, 2013

Dear XXXX

You have recently received a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada dated May 24, 2013, indicating that your Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) application for immigration to Canada had been terminated.

This letter was sent to you in error.

We sincerely apologize for any confusion it may have caused you. Your immigration application will continue to be processed as per usual procedures.

Do not hesitate to contact us at (fee return email address) if you have further questions.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Out of curiosity, I also checked my ECAS which I could no longer access since 7 March 2013 right after reading the letter.... and it's back...only thing the status is blank...

I don't know if there is anything positive in this but I am keeping my hopes alive....

Any1 else who received the above letter?

Cheers

kiwi1 said:
hello popeye15

pls sama mo na name ko sa can't access e-cas...tnx

In-Process: since 14 March 2005 until 18 Feb 2013
Status Blank: from 19 Feb 2013 to 6 March 2013
Can't Access E-Cas: from 7 March 2013 to date......+

still looking forward for something positive....

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@kiwi1

Wow, buti ka pa merong na-receive na letter. Although I haven't received a letter similar to that, I tried checking ECAS. I was able to login pero blank rin ang status ko. Ano kaya ang mangyayari? Anyway balitaan na lang dito. Good luck sa application mo. God Bless!

badei08

Nov 19, 2013
im glad i was able to stumble upon this page for FYIs. Im an april 2006 applicant,unfortunately my application was part of backlog reduction. I sent the refund request form last month, for the option of electronic fund transfer as Canada wont be able to directly send checques to the Phils. due to economic sanctions. How long does it take for the refunds to be sent? Has anyone received their fees? I hope someone will shed some light. Please give me an email add of canada immigrant office in ottawa in case you have one. thanks in advance.

popeye15

Star Member
Jan 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badei08 said:
im glad i was able to stumble upon this page for FYIs. Im an april 2006 applicant,unfortunately my application was part of backlog reduction. I sent the refund request form last month, for the option of electronic fund transfer as Canada wont be able to directly send checques to the Phils. due to economic sanctions. How long does it take for the refunds to be sent? Has anyone received their fees? I hope someone will shed some light. Please give me an email add of canada immigrant office in ottawa in case you have one. thanks in advance.
badei08,

I have sent in my refund request last May. As of today, I still haven't received any refund. I do hope that it won't take them years to refund the fees that we have paid. If not, maybe they should just re-activate our applications.

Dec 6, 2011
Hello everyone!

Nakatanggap din ako ng letter about the refund at minabuti ko na ding i fill up yun ang sent it thru email. That was July 2013 pa, I had it address na nga sa brother ko in Canada para mas madali pero until now wala pa ding advise for refund.

and just like the others out of curiosity I logged in sa Ecas ng cic. at nandun pa naman file ko blank nga lang, unlike before na totally na hindi ma access yung file. anyway, update update lang din tayo pag may time. It's not the end of the road for us.

God bless us all! Happy New Year!