+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino residing in Japan visiting Canada

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by ery, Aug 29, 2009.

  1. Hi guys, just need your help here. I'm a Filipino who is currently staying here in Japan. I want to apply for a tourist visa.
    I am currently unemployed so I can only submit a bank certificate and a temporary resident permit.
    I'm already done with gathering the these documents. However, I notice in the document checklist that all
    documents must be in English or French. The thing is, all documents here in Japan is in Japanese only.
    I want to know if I really need both documents to be translated and to be certified. If so, can someone give me an
    advice where I can go for these type of services?

    huhu..please help..
  2. Konnichiwa ery-san, I also live in Japan.

    I applied for the visitors visa a couple of times. And yes, you'll need to translate all your Japanese documents to English or French, there's no exception to this! Otherwise your application will be refused.

    But it doesn't have to be a certified translation, you may do it yourself if you understand Japanese enough, or ask a translation agency or individual translator. One page will cost you approx. 5,000 yen.

    There are many companies and translators who provide these services. Where do you live? I know someone in Tokyo who may be able to help you.
  3. Thanks so much for your reply shakira2009. I am currently living in Gunma Prefecture. 2 hours away from Tokyo.
    So, did you also submit a copy of Resident certificate? I think I can get an English copy of my bank certificate
    but I don't know with the residence certificate. The city hall told me that they don't have an English copy.

    So you mean the translation would be fine without being certified?
    Will that be really ok with the embassy?

    Can I get the contact for the translation agency that you know.

    Thanks so much for the reply.
  4. Hi ery,

    I never had to certify my own translations.

    On this link: http://www.international.gc.ca/missions/japan-japon/visas/menu-eng.asp
    If you look at Temporary Residents > Visiting Canada
    there is a Guide to apply (a PDF file) which says on Page 3:

    If the documents are written in Japanese or any other language, please
    provide an English or French translation. An unofficial translation will suffice.

    My friend is a freelance translator. I can give you her contact details if you send me a private message, although I won't guarantee that she will do it, mainly because she is very busy. If that's the case, she may be able to recommend you some agencies or translators.

    Good luck!
  5. Hello shakira2009 I've sent you a personal message asking for the contact number of the translator.

    Hope to hear from you soon.


  6. hi kabayan,
    try to join a package tour from japan so you can visit canada..w/ your present situation, i don't think you'll get a tourist visa.
  7. Hi everyone! :) I was wondering if someone can help me with my questions. Im a Filipino residing here in Japan for years now... I have work here but I would really love to try it out in Canada. I love Japan but the opportunities for foreigners like me are really minimal considering the struggles we foreigners have to go through with their writing (kanji,hiragana and katakana). Is it possible to apply a visa online and pay it via bank since I dont have a credit card... :( I have read the visa application process online but it wasnt estated clearly there if applicants for visa via ONLINE can pay their visa application fee via BANK. And also, is it way much easier to apply for temporary work permit than apply for immigrant? thank u so much... hoe someone can hear me out. God Bless everyone!
  8. You can apply for a visit visa. However there is no guarantee it will be approved. Given your country of nationality and your status in Japan, chances are that the visit visa will probably be refused. However you can certainly try.

    To obtain a temporary work permit, you must first find an employer in Canada. That employer must then obtain approved Labour Market Opinion.
  9. Hey how are you?
    Nice to meet you.
    I just read your post about migrating to Canada.
    I also live and work in Japan and want to migrate to Canada for better social life and acceptance as foreigner.
    However, as I already lived in Japan for 6 years and now speak Japanese, I see that there are much more opportunities in Japan.
    Everyone on this forum seems to be complaining about lack of opportunities in Canada.
    May I ask whether if you really migrated to Canada and how was your experience?


Share This Page