+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FEE RECEIPT valid or not?

graymatters242

Dec 4, 2018
Hi,

I applied the first time in July last year and my application was sent back because some parts were unfortuantely incompelete. I'm sending it back today as a new application, but wondering if I can attach the same fee receipt?

On it, the date shown is that of July 2018 - would this confuse them? Also, I didn't mention anything about the previous application that was returned and sending this in as a new application.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi,

I applied the first time in July last year and my application was sent back because some parts were unfortuantely incompelete. I'm sending it back today as a new application, but wondering if I can attach the same fee receipt?

On it, the date shown is that of July 2018 - would this confuse them? Also, I didn't mention anything about the previous application that was returned and sending this in as a new application.
How long ago was the application returned? The fees are automatically paid back to your account after a relatively short period of time.

graymatters242

Dec 4, 2018
In the letter they sent me, they specify - "If you choose to request a refund of the fees paid, please see Annex A on the following page". This indicates that unless you ask for it, they don't automatically put it back into your account.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I also don't see anything back on my account.
There is a risk of the fees being returned while the resubmitted application is waiting to be processed. I'm not sure if I would take the risk of reusing the existing receipt. It might be safer to generate a new one and allow the old one to be repaid in time.

Let's see if there are any other suggestions from others who have been in the same situation.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
In the letter they sent me, they specify - "If you choose to request a refund of the fees paid, please see Annex A on the following page". This indicates that unless you ask for it, they don't automatically put it back into your account.
Ah, in that case, given explicit information, by all means reuse the receipt, assuming that it's for the correct amount still for a new application.

graymatters242

Dec 4, 2018
Ah, in that case, given explicit information, by all means reuse the receipt, assuming that it's for the correct amount still for a new application.

Yes, but initially I wasn't going to attach the letter they sent or any explanation because it was unfortunately returned over a checkbox i forgot to check *eye roll* (I know it's my fault lol) - to mostly explain why my fees were paid in july 2018 but my application is signed in march 2019

I would love to get feedback from those who have sent their application back after being returned incomplete - did you guys attach the old application or the letter they sent?