+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Federal skilled worker program

Discussion in 'Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration' started by Samwise, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Hi,

I am new to this forum and was browsing thru the cic.gc.ca website and was looking on "Skilled workers and professionals" program and on eligible programs page "cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-instructions.asp#eligible" my profession is not listed. I am a software engineer and I fall under the 217* code. what does this mean?

Thanks,
    Samuel

2. You are not eligible under FSW programme........try other options...

3. It means you would have to get a job offer before you would qualify under the Skilled Worker program. Read the program info for Arranged Employment.

4. Hi Guys,

Another door closes!!!... I have to ask my wife to check the list.. :'( have to be hopeful somewhere.. now for the next question? if my wife is eligible or by some miracle I am eligible, Can i create the application package, send it and then take IELTS exam and send the scores? or should I take the exams before?

Thanks,
    Samuel

5. IELTS TRF is must before sending the application. IELTS TRF and PCC is sent along with the application.

6. Thanks,

All the info was informative.