+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FBI US PCC which applications are currently being processed ?

Taliyai

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
1) I did my prints after I got my ITA. I would suggest you though to get the prints taken *right away* and send to Clarksburg ASAP. Your lawyer is right: we have to wait for that forbidden "FBI letter" till the last date and then upload a CSE saying I didn't receive a response from the FBI. Why the hassle of waiting so long when you can send those prints now and worry about your other stuff.

2) FBI report's valid up until your next US visit. It dudn't matter how long the validity just that you need the report *after* you leave the States.

3) I had 'em ink rolled. Only US citizens/Green card holders can use print cards and use channelers for sending the prints.

Hey there jackbauer, thanks for your response.

To clarify, I'm a US Citizen living in the states, applying for PR in Canada from the US.

My attorney is nervous for me to send before ITA in case something happens and I'm not invited within the next year, or who-knows-what. However, I was wondering if it makes sense to at least go ahead and get my finger prints taken now and keep them with me -- then send immediately to FBI after receiving ITA. Would the finger prints still be valid if perhaps it took a month or two to send?

^ Doing so will allow me to not have to scramble to get finger prints the day of or day after ITA.

Also - Have you (OR ANYONE?) heard anything about the FBI police clearance process being incredibly shortened due to live-scan?

Thank you!

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
FBI report is the only thing that delays PR application. To top that, fingerprints might also be rejected!

Few things which I absolutely don't understand. Fingerprints are required for criminal history check. When we are willingly giving our fingerprints, they are not able to use them sometimes, how the hell are they running partial fingerprints from crime scene over the existing database? Moreover, I remember that we 'willingly' provided fingerprints while getting US visa as well. Are those fingerprints going to change over the time?

Also, not allowing live scans for non-citizens is something which is again torturous to temp visa holders. Do they think our fingerprints will be different on paper and screen. Overall, in US, if you are not citizen, you have to use papers everywhere. Can't even file my taxes online. All of this sucks big time! Even though this is a great country, the govt offices/procedures are no different than a regular developing country.

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi guys,

Has anyone contacted FBI to check what applications they are processing now?

Thank you!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

To clarify, I'm a US Citizen living in the states, applying for PR in Canada from the US.

My attorney is nervous for me to send before ITA in case something happens and I'm not invited within the next year, or who-knows-what. However, I was wondering if it makes sense to at least go ahead and get my finger prints taken now and keep them with me -- then send immediately to FBI after receiving ITA. Would the finger prints still be valid if perhaps it took a month or two to send?

^ Doing so will allow me to not have to scramble to get finger prints the day of or day after ITA.

Also - Have you (OR ANYONE?) heard anything about the FBI police clearance process being incredibly shortened due to live-scan?

Thank you!
In your case, you can use FBI approved Channelers and get the report within 1 week. So you're good to wait for the ITA to get your FBI PCC. For Non US Citizens and Non GC Card Holders, the process takes 2-3 months so it is advisable to apply for the PCC before ITA.

I had to wait for my PCC for almost 3 months. Thankfully, I applied for it as soon as I decided to apply for Express Entry program.

Reactions: jazzyapd

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
FBI report is the only thing that delays PR application. To top that, fingerprints might also be rejected!

Few things which I absolutely don't understand. Fingerprints are required for criminal history check. When we are willingly giving our fingerprints, they are not able to use them sometimes, how the hell are they running partial fingerprints from crime scene over the existing database? Moreover, I remember that we 'willingly' provided fingerprints while getting US visa as well. Are those fingerprints going to change over the time?

Also, not allowing live scans for non-citizens is something which is again torturous to temp visa holders. Do they think our fingerprints will be different on paper and screen. Overall, in US, if you are not citizen, you have to use papers everywhere. Can't even file my taxes online. All of this sucks big time! Even though this is a great country, the govt offices/procedures are no different than a regular developing country.
Well there is a difference between a civilian and a criminal. And running partial fingerprints takes time. It is not even accurate and those just help them in identifying a suspect. They don't rely on the partial prints completely. So isn't it obvious that they can't use partial prints for a PCC.

I know its quite frustrating and I have been at your place. There is nothing we can do about it. Its always recommended to send multiple sets of fingerprints taken by different people. In this way, we can make sure that they get at least 1 set of fingerprints correctly.

Good luck!

Taliyai

Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
In your case, you can use FBI approved Channelers and get the report within 1 week. So you're good to wait for the ITA to get your FBI PCC. For Non US Citizens and Non GC Card Holders, the process takes 2-3 months so it is advisable to apply for the PCC before ITA.

I had to wait for my PCC for almost 3 months. Thankfully, I applied for it as soon as I decided to apply for Express Entry program.
Thank you. I may just use the channeler after I receive ITA. However, my partner will have to still go the traditional route and send to FBI by mail.

QuestionL Where do you see that you can get the report within 1 week? Is it legitimately the same report that CIC requests with ITA? If so, why is it so quick vs. sending direct to FBI?

Thank you!

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Thank you. I may just use the channeler after I receive ITA. However, my partner will have to still go the traditional route and send to FBI by mail.

QuestionL Where do you see that you can get the report within 1 week? Is it legitimately the same report that CIC requests with ITA? If so, why is it so quick vs. sending direct to FBI?

Thank you!
Then in that case, I suggest you apply for the FBI PCC for your partner ASAP.

I know a lot of people who got it within a week from the Channelers. Make sure you go with the authorized channelers only. The list can be found on FBI CJIS website. The report is legitimate. I am not sure why it is faster for US Citizens and GC Holders as compared to others. Just another advantage of be being a US Person I guess.

Jay111Blue

Apr 21, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-07-2017
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
LANDED..........
08-11-2017

Thank you!
The PCC is only $18. Personally, I would go ahead (since these things take soooo long anyway) and reapply for one if you haven't received an ITA in say 6 months. BTW, do you mind me asking what CRS score you have? If you're reasonably sure you can get an ITA soon, then better to get the PCC early.

vreddy

Jul 4, 2017
Hi All,

Does anybody know what applications are currently being processed at FBI for US PCC ?
My Packet reached FBI on 14th October last year. But no Credit card charged yet.

Does anybody has any idea on this ?
does the calling number mentioned on their website help ?

Thanks in advance !
Candian Finger Printing services can provide FBI clearance in a week. I did it and I got in 3 days

vreddy

Jul 4, 2017
The PCC is only $18. Personally, I would go ahead (since these things take soooo long anyway) and reapply for one if you haven't received an ITA in say 6 months. BTW, do you mind me asking what CRS score you have? If you're reasonably sure you can get an ITA soon, then better to get the PCC early.
you will get FBI Report for 200$ with Canadian Fingerprinting services

Reactions: jman25