S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
chief2009 said:
hi guys,
i have got my PR on 2june 2009 from london, i applied in sep 2005, im Mechanical engineer with masters from london and 4 year experience, ielts 7 in each section. thas the summary of my case.
i got married on 9june 2009,
now the PR conformation letter came with the visa says tha if your faimly composition has been changed before you travell to canada , you must inform canadian high commission, london ,
now my question is if i write them a letter that im married now, what they will do???????
do i need to send the passport again????
my wife will join me after 1 year as she is studying in back home. then i will apply her visa
tell me wat to do plzzzzzzz.
thanks
Just go on your way to Canada and send a sponsor for your spouse afterwards...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chief2009 said:
hi guys,
i have got my PR on 2june 2009 from london, i applied in sep 2005, im Mechanical engineer with masters from london and 4 year experience, ielts 7 in each section. thas the summary of my case.
i got married on 9june 2009,
now the PR conformation letter came with the visa says tha if your faimly composition has been changed before you travell to canada , you must inform canadian high commission, london ,
now my question is if i write them a letter that im married now, what they will do???????
do i need to send the passport again????
my wife will join me after 1 year as she is studying in back home. then i will apply her visa
tell me wat to do plzzzzzzz.
thanks
OK. This is important. Do NOT go and land in Canada without letting the high commission know that you got married.

Yes, it will delay your processing, they will ask for your wifes details and medicals and then they will issue you new PR visas, for you both but if you don't let them know and land in Canada as a single person, you forfeit the right to ever sponsor your wife in the future.

ssamir

Jun 15, 2009
i need information that i applied in MAY 2008.. and my case fwd to CIU sydeny ,,, can anybody tell me how much time CIU will take for decision /.,, and what u feell about decision they will consider or refused for further...

thanks
\
amir

sanju1676

Star Member
May 28, 2009
About Birth Certificate

Hi,

In New delhi application, it is also mentioned that Birth certificate is also needed, but till now we used to use our 10th mark sheet or certificate for age proof as there is no birth certificate given in 1976.

Can you please help me for this problem, what should we submit as the proof of birth certificate?

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009
Re: Common questions

rupeshhari said:
IELTS

If you are not from an English speaking country (such as UK, US, Australia, NZ and some parts of South Africa, etc), you will probably be asked to do the IELTS exam.

There is an example of a person with a PhD in English from Oxford University being asked to do the exam. So it does not matter that you did all your schooling in English, you have a graduate degree from an English speaking country and you worked in an English speaking country, you probably will be asked to do the IELTS exam, especially if you need 16 points.

Even though countries like India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, etc have English as one of the official/national languages, these are not considered English speaking countries by CIC.

If you are from one of these countries or from a non-English speaking country and lived substantially from a young age in one of the English speaking countries, you probably won't be asked to do the IELTS.

To calculate the points, go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp

deep117

Jun 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Helloo friends ,can you or any body please provide me a format of cover letter for skilled worker. i have no ieda how to strat even. so please help me.

With many thanks.

rupeshhari said:
How to prepare an application - FSW category 1

I have had some people private messaging me and asking why I got such a quick reply and how did I make a good application (not 100% sure what that means). Anyway, I don't really know why I got a quick reply except perhaps, I live in the US so postal times are a bit faster due to the proximity to Canada, I made everything clear in my application and tried to provide whatever information they asked for. Here is somethings that I did:

- provide a cover letter. Perhaps they don't read this but I provided one anyway. The cover letter is a good way to list everything that you have sent in. I don't think I listed my forms, but I should have, I guess.

- I don't think I notarized my biopage of the passport, but I would advice people do this.

- a check in CAD$550 made out to the correct person,

- two address labels (both were in English for me) and they did not use this yet, perhaps because mine were in English. The address labels that I provided were just printouts of my name and address on the same piece of paper but in a medium size font (i.e. not less than 12 for sure).

- I did stick a picture on the front of IMM0008-Generic but I think you don't have to do that.

- On the background schedule form, they asked for my name in my native language, I put in N/A. Mostly because if I try to write in my native language, even proficient readers of that language won't be able to understand anything. I am not very proficient in that language. I guess I could have copied it from my birth certificate but that would have been a disaster.

- put N/A wherever you don't have an answer. But if an answer is expected by an average person in Canada then explain why you put N/A. Let me explain what I mean by this. For details of family member names, wherever I did not have a family member, i typed in N/A. Actually on the second page of IMM0008-Generic, i typed in N/A for both family name and given names and left everything else blank. For those people who do not have family name, if you put in N/A, you have to explain on another sheet why you put in N/A. This is what I mean by explaining when an average person from Canada expects an answer.

- For each form, wherever I had to explain more, I typed my explanation on another sheet of paper. I put in multiple questions on the same paper but never explanation for two forms on one paper. For each of these sheets of paper, I typed my name in bold and caps and under it the name of the form and then underneath that the form number or code (like IMM0008-Generic). I would then have each question and my explanation. I also signed each of these extra sheets of paper and dated it. This way, they know I will back up anything I have written in.

- If there is any anomaly, I explained that in these pieces of paper. For example, in my education years, I included all my education (even those that I did not complete) but on another sheet of paper, I explained that I have included those years that I did not complete the degree/education.

- The space for question 10, 11, etc on the back groundform was not enough for me. So when I wrote the rest on another sheet of paper, I did repeat all the information that I had already written in the form. I don't think this is necessary.

- For language, I wrote in my explanation or argument why I am proficient in English.

- For experience, my anomaly lies here. My occupation title is not found in the ministerial list but that occupation title is similar to another in the NOC matrix. On the Economic class form, I wrote my job title (not the kosher one from the ministerial list) and for NOC, I wrote the one from the ministerial list. For the main duties, i listed some duties on the form. On another sheet of paper, i provided the same information as I had in the form and then wrote an explanation of all my duties (from the most important duties to the least). I numbered my duties. At the end, I explained that certain duties (and gave the respective numbers) are not characteristic of my job title and are more similar to the duties found under the job in the ministerial list.

As I mentioned earlier, I don't know if CIO in Sydney, NS even looked at most of these things. Perhaps they only looked at my ministerial job requirement and ignored the rest. But in the small chance that they wanted more information, I provided all without providing any documentation (because they clearly did not want that).
Give as much information as needed. When I say give them as much info as possible, I really mean give more info, not repeat the same info and also only give as much relevant info as possible. If it is not relevant, don't give it.

As for the second stage to my local visa office, I am busy preparing that now. I have all documentations except a translation of my birth certificate and two letters from my managers, both of them have agreed to give me the letters but I have been too lazy to actually go see them to do it. I should do that tomorrow. The only hard part is to decide what to go into those letters. I don't see these letters as a recommendation letter but as one that lists out the information required by CIC. That is, my name, my job title, company name, my duties, the period of employement, if English was the language of work (thats important to list here especially if you are not doing your IELTS), salary and provide a business card. I hope to get this stage correct too and will provide more information at a later stage if i am successful. If I am not, then I will come and cry here too (especially if they ask for IELTS now lol). I hope this is useful for some people, especially those who PM'ed me.

cannelle

Jun 23, 2009

wsj78 said:
rupeshhari said:
IELTS

If you are not from an English speaking country (such as UK, US, Australia, NZ and some parts of South Africa, etc), you will probably be asked to do the IELTS exam.

There is an example of a person with a PhD in English from Oxford University being asked to do the exam. So it does not matter that you did all your schooling in English, you have a graduate degree from an English speaking country and you worked in an English speaking country, you probably will be asked to do the IELTS exam, especially if you need 16 points.

Even though countries like India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, etc have English as one of the official/national languages, these are not considered English speaking countries by CIC.

If you are from one of these countries or from a non-English speaking country and lived substantially from a young age in one of the English speaking countries, you probably won't be asked to do the IELTS.

To calculate the points, go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG72.asp

deano2711

Apr 3, 2009
Returned Documments

Hi
I sent my FSW application to sydney NS May 22nd and they recieved it on june 1st. I recieved my documents back today, June 24th, stating that the main duites section was not detailed enough.

The question I have is, Can I re-send the documents I sent originally with signature and dates from
May 2009 and just add/change the main duties section or do I have to fill out all new documents with new dates and signatures?

No information has changed from the original documents.

wsj78

Star Member
Jun 15, 2009

rupeshhari said:
IELTS

If you are not from an English speaking country (such as UK, US, Australia, NZ and some parts of South Africa, etc), you will probably be asked to do the IELTS

abhijsen

Jun 27, 2009
Kint Attn; Rupeshhari

Hello Rupeshhari

If you have some time, could you help me with the following questions. I went thru the FAQ but did not find the answers there.

(1) I read in the website that 01-Apr-2009 is the last date that PR applications should reach Sydney, NS. Does that mean they are not accepting any more applications this year?

(2) The 2 self addreses labels - are they to be cut from a piece of paper or are there standard labels available for this purpose? If to be cut from a piece of paper, what should be the size of these labels?

(3) How do I get certified cheques in the US for canadian dollars?

(4) The stage 2 documentation says "Transcripts must be submitted in university-sealed envelopes" what does university sealed envelopes mean? I have my BE certificate as it is, no envelopes for the same, same for my PGDM (MBA) diploma.

(5) What is the difference between college/university degrees and transcripts?

(6) Notarized employment contracts - is this the same as offer letter of employment? If yes, are all pages of the offer letter to be notarized?

(7) Original and up-to-date letters of reference - The requirements seem to be a little steep. I can surely get work-ex letters from all companies which would have the period of work and designation held but to also include main responsibilities and duties, total annual salary and benefits in the same letter and also the business card, isn't it a little unreasonable? Most companies have standard work-ex letter formats and they dont add any extra information. I am not sure how to get reference letters exactly in the format requested. Are all people actually getting these letters? I can ask my current employer to make an exception and to get me a specific letter but surely I cannot ask my previous employers to do so because now I am not working with them and they will probaby have no interest to help me out in such a big way!

Kindly advise because although I meet the requirements, I think getting such specific reference letters will not be possible. Is there any other way out?

Thank you. ASen.

majid_uet

Jun 28, 2009
Can i change my Federal Skilled Migration application office

Dear All,
I shall be thankful if someone let me know:
I applied Immigration in April 2007 through Islamabad Office. However, As per new scenario, i am working with Dubai Govt. and have valid VISa and Job offer letter etc as an evidance.
As the application from UAE are being processed through London office. So on the basis of my valid visa and Job in Dubai, Can I request to transfer my file from Islamabad Office to London office.
If so, what are the chances and will it speed up my processing for my application???[/b]
Regards
Majid

jojobaba

Star Member
Jun 22, 2009
Dear Rupesh pls reply:

Pls help me in understading the education points.

I am an Associate Cost & Management Accountant ( ACMA) from the Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan(ICMAP).
It is a three years professional program of cost & management accountancy after graduation ( 14 years of education). My education profile is as under:
ACMA=3 years
B.Com =14 years
Total= 17 years.
Morover Higher Education Commision(HEC) of Pakistan recognizes ACMA as equivalent to M.Com. ( In fact ACMA is much superior to M.Com both in knowledge and practical success. But I think for academics purposes if ACMA want to do PHD/M-Phil this equivalency is granted).

Kindly advice what points would be granted to me
thanks & regards

Arfan Kazmi

Jul 3, 2009
Re: Common questions - ielts useful links

ADA said:
The key to [ulr=http://www.canadavisa.com/ielts/free-practice-tests.html]IELTS is PRACTICE[/url] - PRACTICE - PRACTICE.......

Some useful links.
http://forums.ebook-share.net/showthread.php?t=6215&highlight=ielts
http://artefact.lib.ru/languages/eng_textbooks_ielts.shtml
http://www.freebookspot.ws/Default.aspx

Download the books and audio files and ENSURE THAT YOU TAKE PRACTICE TESTS IN EXAM CONDITONS.
It's good link from where I can get the listeneing of book 6 to onword...................?

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
jojobaba said:
Dear Rupesh pls reply:

Pls help me in understading the education points.

I am an Associate Cost & Management Accountant ( ACMA) from the Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan(ICMAP).
It is a three years professional program of cost & management accountancy after graduation ( 14 years of education). My education profile is as under:
ACMA=3 years
B.Com =14 years
Total= 17 years.
Morover Higher Education Commision(HEC) of Pakistan recognizes ACMA as equivalent to M.Com. ( In fact ACMA is much superior to M.Com both in knowledge and practical success. But I think for academics purposes if ACMA want to do PHD/M-Phil this equivalency is granted).

Kindly advice what points would be granted to me
thanks & regards
Get the equivalency from HEC, attach it with your application and most probably you will get 25 points

RAFIQ77

Jul 7, 2009
Dear Syed Rahman/ Rupeshari
My file of FSW1 has been transferred to Nova Scotia on March 12, 2009 and it is in APPLICATION RECEIVED STATUS from May 15, 2009 but till today I have not received any positive/negative response from them regarding my eligibility. My question is any body receives any correspondence who are on the same boat like me please reply asap.
Rafiq77