+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family Sponsorship outside Canada

imvjkdreams

Mar 12, 2024
My refugee claim was accepted by IRB and I have applied family sponsorship to bring my family who is living outside Canada. Same time my WP got expired and I have renewed successfully and got a message today March 11, 2024.

My question is that my family sponsorship application is almost coming closer to 12 months now. I don’t know what to do? Can anyone please advise when I am going to get my Permanent residency? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My refugee claim was accepted by IRB and I have applied family sponsorship to bring my family who is living outside Canada. Same time my WP got expired and I have renewed successfully and got a message today March 11, 2024.

My question is that my family sponsorship application is almost coming closer to 12 months now. I don’t know what to do? Can anyone please advise when I am going to get my Permanent residency? Thank you
You are not applying for family sponsorship you are adding your family to your PR application. You will get your PR first and then your family’s PR application will get processed. The 12 months processing times is for PRs or citizens who are not protected people who are applying to sponsor their spouse or spouse and children. It will take much longer to have your family get PR. These days around 2.5 years from when you applied for PR.