+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Family member of protected person in canada

barkadleh

Jul 10, 2014
Hi all,
I need some help/advice from you guys.
I am helping my cousin filling out the application for PR.
She is a protected person in canada with 1 child here in canada. She left back home 2 other child and a husband.
We want to add them in the process.
From what i have read, we have to say they are accompanying and pay all the fees (including persons overseas) and cic will start the process for the 3 persons overseas when my cousin get her PR.
Is that correct?

Thanks

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
barkadleh said:
Hi all,
I need some help/advice from you guys.
I am helping my cousin filling out the application for PR.
She is a protected person in canada with 1 child here in canada. She left back home 2 other child and a husband.
We want to add them in the process.
From what i have read, we have to say they are accompanying and pay all the fees (including persons overseas) and cic will start the process for the 3 persons overseas when my cousin get her PR.
Is that correct?

Thanks
Yes she has to add all the dependents living in Canada and overseas as accompanying dependents and pay the fee of everyone in her application (i.e applicant, spouse and kids). by doing so the Canadian cic office (CPC-v) will process the PR application of the principal applicant and the dependent (1 child) living in Canada.

Once the principal applicants clears the first stage (i.e the eligibility stage/ received the approval in principal letter) the overseas office will start the process of the dependents living abroad. So by the time the principal applicant gets its PR status the process of the overseas dependents gets near to its completion. this is called concurrent processing or in other words a parallel processing (this saves a lot of time for many applicants).

So two offices are doing the process parallel (one is CPC-v and the other one is overseas office). both offices has their own working schedules, priorities and timelines. If the overseas office is fast enoff and completes the dependent's case before CPC-V then they will not issue the PR visa until the principal applicants lands (i.e get PR status/COPR). CPC-V, the office where the principal applicant is been processed does not wait for the outcome or progress of the overseas office and completes the application as per their own timelines and grant/approve PR status to the applicant and its dependents living in canada.

Hope it helps you in understanding the process.

Elger

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Dear Kriv,
How do you know that you ve cleared the first stage? We applied a year ago and I ve contacted our overseas office but they said my case is still will CIC vegreville. Is there any possible way a dependant's application or sponsored person be treated here in vegreville?
Another question do you know what date they are processing?
Kind regards and good luck to us all