+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Extension on Youth Mobility Program

angel2257

Jan 26, 2008
Hi,
I'm from Germany and I'm currently working in Canada under the YMP 'Work & Travel' and was wondering if there is a way to get an extension on the YMP so that I can apply for my PR and still work?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

angel2257 said:
Hi,
I'm from Germany and I'm currently working in Canada under the YMP 'Work & Travel' and was wondering if there is a way to get an extension on the YMP so that I can apply for my PR and still work?

Thanks!
You need an employer to obtain a Labour Market Opinion from Service Canada, that the position is skilled, has been advertised, and there are no Canadians or Pr available. Then you apply to Vegreville for an extension.

PMM

Jadie

Mar 3, 2008
My employer sent in the paper work for an LMO...am I allowed to leave the country and come back while I'm waiting for it? Apparently it will take up til 28 weeks! I have a Swedish passport, and I am allowed to stay in the country for three months without a visa.

angel2257

Jan 26, 2008
PMM said:
Hi

angel2257 said:
Hi,

Thanks!
You need an employer to obtain a Labour Market Opinion from Service Canada, that the position is skilled, has been advertised, and there are no Canadians or Pr available. Then you apply to Vegreville for an extension.

PMM
I'm working full time but not as a skilled worker. My job doesn't require a job offer. I just wanted to know if there is the possibility to get an extension on the Youth Mobility Program?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

angel2257 said:
PMM said:
Hi

angel2257 said:
Hi,

Thanks!

PMM
I'm working full time but not as a skilled worker. My job doesn't require a job offer. I just wanted to know if there is the possibility to get an extension on the Youth Mobility Program?
No.

PMM