+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EXTENSION OF STAY APPLICATION

charlismom

Sep 13, 2013
Thanks for taking time to help me out. I'm a TFW and found a new prospective employer. My current work permit will expire in 2 months time. I was just confused what kind of application I need to fill up. My new employer was starting to send his new expedited LMO application. I was filling up the IMM 5710, but they were asking for an LMO no. which obviously I still don't have in hand. . Is this the correct form to fill up?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
charlismom said:
Thanks for taking time to help me out. I'm a TFW and found a new prospective employer. My current work permit will expire in 2 months time. I was just confused what kind of application I need to fill up. My new employer was starting to send his new expedited LMO application. I was filling up the IMM 5710, but they were asking for an LMO no. which obviously I still don't have in hand. . Is this the correct form to fill up?
You need the new LMO prior to filing your WP application.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
charlismom said:
is this form applicable only for those who's waiting for a work permit?
That's the one you need.

>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

But you'll need the LMO to apply for the new ( extended ) WP.

sidejacker

Sep 11, 2013
charlismom said:
Accelerated LMO program has been suspended indefinitely, if my memory serves me right- twas suspended last April because of the RBC scandal. So I'm not sure if there's even expedited processing. Why don't you try to get yourself a study permit , so you could buy yourself some time.

If you have a pending application while in Canada you will be under implied status. This will give you sufficient time to wait for the LMO and submit your application to CIC. When your in implied status, you cannot work after your initial work permit expires.