+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adesa said:
Hi i'm not sure if there is a thread for this already, but I have received my ITA and I am getting confused by some of the replies on the forum.

Can someone point out the detailed step by step procedure after getting the ITA?

I have the following:

All experience letters
Proof of funds
ECA document from WES confirming my degree
CELPIP scores
Police Clearance certificate

Will I have to do my medicals before I apply? Will the application be completely online?

Yes. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

After your medicals are done, they'll give you a one pager that you'll need to scan and upload.

How exactly will I receive the AOR? I am on implied status in Canada right now when exactly can I get a BOWP?

You'll get an e-APR within few hours of successfully uploading all documents and making the required payment. This will come as a message in your MyCIC. Till about April, this was allowed to be used to apply for BOWP. But now, you have to wait for an AOR which will be sent to you after CIC deems your application to be complete in all respects. There is no fixed timeline of receiving this as it has varied on a case-to-case basis thus far.

jamma_sow

Jun 16, 2015
Hi all!

I planning to apply for Express Entry. I have done my IELTS and planning to submit my documents for ECA, to WES. The documents required are:

One copy of my degree ( I have a Bachelor's degree)
One transcript

Is one transcript enough or are many copies needed? Also, Is the WES academic record request form required?

Secondly, can I do this EE process myself? I spoke to an agent who is charging me INR 50,000 for their help. Do I need their help? Or is it easy to do it on my own?

Thanks!

MridulSharma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Zapf said:
Found this recent observation on an immigration lawyer's blog:

"For economic applicants who have pending applications for permanent residence filed before January 1, 2015, the processing of these applications may be further delayed and take two or three times the processing time of those filed under Express Entry, as the government makes every effort to demonstrate that Express Entry is the best option for Canadian employers and prospective immigrants alike."

I just asked my own lawyer what to expect (I'm an Aug 2014 CEC applicant) and he estimates that 14-18 months may be the current time frame for those of us still waiting under CEC. Guessing that's not really what any of us wanted to hear. :(
I applied in Oct/2014 under CEC and received AOR in Feb/2015. Considering the above timeline, is it possible to apply under Express Entry, while my application is in process under CEC prior to Jan/2015. Any downside in concurrent processing of 2 applications ? If I get approval under EE, I will withdraw my old CEC application & viceversa.

James Sultan

Jun 16, 2015
Dear Friends,
I have a Question regarding the ECA by WEC.
My highest degree is "Bachelors in Computer Science" and my university is listed among the recognized universities on WEC website.
Do i have to send my Secondary Education (10th and 12th standard) certificates for assessment too? (through the respective institutes/ boards)?
I believe, only sending the highest degree would be sufficient by I am not really sure.
Can someone please advise on this.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
James Sultan said:
Dear Friends,
I have a Question regarding the ECA by WEC.
My highest degree is "Bachelors in Computer Science" and my university is listed among the recognized universities on WEC website.
Do i have to send my Secondary Education (10th and 12th standard) certificates for assessment too? (through the respective institutes/ boards)?
I believe, only sending the highest degree would be sufficient by I am not really sure.
Can someone please advise on this.
Get only your bachelors assessed by WES. That will do. No need to assess school records.

Rockym

May 11, 2015
Hello Asivad Anac,
Thanks for your support..

As per your observation where in you said that i may qualify for EE, however upon uploading the profile i am getting the message as profile ineligible.
What should be my next move as due to this i can't register for job bank too.
Kindly advice.

As stated earlier my details are as under :
# Age - 43 yrs
# Education - Bachelor's in Hons
# Work Exp - 19 yrs
# IELTS Score - 7 in all ( S-7.5, LRW-6.5 each )
# No Canada exp and no relatives too.

Spouse -
# Age - 37 yrs
# Education - Bachelor's in Commerce
# Work Exp - 1 yr
# IELTS Score - Over all 6.5 ( S-7.5,L-6.5,R-5,W-6)

Is my chance bleak.
Awaiting revert.

Regards,

kakmam

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Hello Frns

Me and my frnd have CRS score of 340 and 382 ... any chances of getting ITA

Also, anyone please suggest how to apply to any specific province like ontario, NB, Ns etc etc???

please suggest

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rockym said:
Hello Asivad Anac,

As per your observation where in you said that i may qualify for EE, however upon uploading the profile i am getting the message as profile ineligible.
Kindly advice.

# Age - 43 yrs
# Education - Bachelor's in Hons
# Work Exp - 19 yrs
# IELTS Score - 7 in all ( S-7.5, LRW-6.5 each )

Spouse -
# Age - 37 yrs
# Education - Bachelor's in Commerce
# Work Exp - 1 yr
# IELTS Score - Over all 6.5 ( S-7.5,L-6.5,R-5,W-6)

Is my chance bleak.
Awaiting revert.

Regards,
When I calculated again, you get 65 points under FSW which unfortunately deems you ineligible.

English - 20 (S-6, L-4, R-5, W-5)
Education - 21 (provided you have an ECA which states it as Canadian Bachelors equivalent)
Experience - 15 (Provided for at least 6 out of 19 years, you've worked under the same NOC code)
Age - 4
Spouse - 5 (L/R/W/S above CLB 4).

The only way to get past 67 is by retaking your IELTS and getting at least 8 in Listening and at least 7 in other sections. All the best!

adesa

Jan 19, 2015
Thank you Asivad that was very helpful.

One more doubt, I have lived in Canada the past 3 years, do i need to send results of canadian PCC along with my application? My lawyer says its not necessary and should be done only if requested later by the case officer. I have my indian PCC.

can anyone clarify?

I received ITA for FSW on 12th June

Regards

Dhaksha

Jun 8, 2015
Madurai
Category........
Visa Office......
Newdelhi - NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
IELTS Request
Ip October 9 2015
File Transfer...
21-05-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
Recommended waiting for schedule
LANDED..........
soon
How long the whole process take...?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adesa said:
Thank you Asivad that was very helpful.

One more doubt, I have lived in Canada the past 3 years, do i need to send results of canadian PCC along with my application? My lawyer says its not necessary and should be done only if requested later by the case officer. I have my indian PCC.

can anyone clarify?

I received ITA for FSW on 12th June

Regards
Sending the Canadian PCC is not mandatory but I believe it won't hurt your case if you choose to send it along with your application.

Other PCC(s) need to have been received within the past 6 months if you've traveled to those countries AFTER obtaining those PCC(s). If you haven't traveled since getting those PCC(s), they are good to go.

All the best!

almeshref

Jun 15, 2015
Hello All

however upon uploading the profile i am getting the message as profile ineligible.
Kindly advice.

# Age - 36 yrs
# Education - Bachelor's in pharmacy
# Work Exp - 9 yrs
# IELTS Score - 6 in all ( S-6, L-5.5 ,R-6,W-6 each )

Spouse -
single.

Is my chance bleak.
Awaiting revert.

Regards,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
almeshref said:
Hello All

however upon uploading the profile i am getting the message as profile ineligible.
Kindly advice.

# Age - 36 yrs
# Education - Bachelor's in pharmacy
# Work Exp - 9 yrs
# IELTS Score - 6 in all ( S-6, L-5.5 ,R-6,W-6 each )

Spouse -
single.

Is my chance bleak.
Awaiting revert.

Regards,
You're ineligible because you need 6 in each section of IELTS to qualify under FSWP for Express Entry. You'll have to repeat IELTS and score higher.

All the best!

rocky29

May 7, 2014
Hello,
I had applied in NOC 4011 last year in 2014, and my application was returned with UCI no. last month...reason NOC was full.
However, I am going to create EE profile and my IELTS score was expired and when I reappeared.. I didn't score well like last time.
To get 67 points, I am falling short of one point however, my brother is in Canada in Regina, and if I consider sponsporship point from him I do qualify to apply....#
But in that case, I need to show proof of relationship....#
Can any one help me confirming what document I need to show rather than his birth certificate as he do not have birth certificate with him as it was submitted in his school during his admission into school.

I shall appreciate if anyone can help me out confirming the proof of relationship document.