Express Entry - e-APR Submitted in November 2016

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ash_rock said:
Raj,

Please update by BG Check status changed to In Progress on 25th Nov. Was a bit lazy to report it early.
Hi Ash, please provide your current country of residence and total family members in the application to update in the tracker,

alexliu

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your update.

It seems like all CECs are a lot slower than PNPs and FSWs.

ashpkgo70

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,
Looks like there has been a lot of confusion about the status changes in the profile and what do they mean.

Let me share some common things I have noticed via many posts on this forum and what do the changes mean. If anyone find any mistake or would like to correct the information provided below, please let me know I will make an update in the edit.

Our files are most likely assigned to nearest Visa offices, people also refer them as Local visa office or LVO. And for particular visa offices they use terms as NDVO (New delhi visa office), MVO (Manilla visa office) and so on... How do they decide to which VO to transfer your file, we are not entirely sure, but most likely to the nearest visa office to your current country of residence.

Following is the process how they access your file after you have submitted e-APR

Steps 1, 2 and 3 can go in parallel, after each one of them are complete 4 and then 5 will follow.
File transfer to Local VO will happen once step 1,2 and 3 are complete. Local VO will take care of steps 4 and 5.

1. Medical will change to passed (if you have passed the medical exam) -- depends on clinic to clinic and country to country, they will check if you don't any serious conditions like HIV, hepatitis and you wont be a burden on their health care initially.
2. R10 (Completeness check) -- they will verify if they have received all the documents, will notify you if you have missed any
3. A11.2 (Analyst Recommendation) -- they will verify if you are actually eligible for the program you have applied under and calculate CRS and if your CRS was above cutoff for that draw.
4. Background check and other formalities and checks -- here they will verify everything that you have mentioned in your application. Travel history, personal history, work history, criminality check etc... This part is time consuming, it if safe to assume that normally it would take anywhere from 1 to 4 months. Although the BG check time varies heavily. May even exceed the 6 months timeline. No one knows for sure how long will it take for your file.
5. Final decision -- I have seen 1 to 7 days after BG check completed to final decision made. Again, the time will vary and depends on visa officer.
In rarest cases they schedule an interview, they are very rare and we have not seen enough cases to conclude anything.

After the final decision has been made, you will receive a passport request (PPR) where you have to submit your passport for stamping and 4 photographs along with it. Your visa will be then stamped with the most awaited maple leaf visa along with CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) and you will have to make a first landing before the specified expiry date on CoPR.

Below are the "normal" change of statuses and "general" time period.

1. Application/profile status : Open (Will stay open until a final decision has been made)
2. Review of eligibility : In progress (Mostly it will stay like this until a final decision has been made)
3. Review of Medical results : No needed to Passed (Generally it will take 1 day to 2 months)
4. Review of submitted documents :
No documents required at this time to Requested additional documents (or something like that if they have requested any new documents).
Requested additional documents to Provided then to Received (the status will change to Provided once you have successfully uploaded the documents and once they have confirm that documents are the correct ones the status will change to Received).
No additional documents needed at this time (This will stay like this for rest of your application if they have not requested any additional documents)
5. Scheduling an interview : Not needed at this time (Probably will stay like that throughout your application unless you have an schedule interview)
6. A background check is needed : This varies from VO to VO, I am mentioning general trends in statuses
Not needed at this time to Not started to again Not needed at this time to In progress -- This tend is generally for NDVO.
Not needed at this time to In progress : CEC applicants will generally have this status change.
Not started to In progress : Some CEC applicants and other VOs generally have this status change.
Not started to Not needed at this time to In progress : Some people have not started as their initial status and sometimes it will follow like this
Not needed at this time to Not started to Not needed at this time to In progress to Not needed at this time to In progress : Sometimes or generally NDVO follows this trend. Some applicants have noticed this kind of change of statuses. Not need to worry they got their PR after second time it changed to In progress.
In progress to passed : This will happen if you have passed the background check.
7. Final decision : Not started to Decision made -- this will happen after your BG changes to passed.

The above timelines I have outlined are based on hundreds of forum posts and following the general trend. These timeline varies drastically and one can only speculate on it. There is no analytics site that predicts accurate PPR date from AOR even with hundreds of cases on their tracker.

If there is any communication from CIC, any good news or bad news, you will be informed via your my CIC profile. So be sure to check it regularly. Even though they send out e-mail if there has been any changes in our applications, I have seen cases of e-mail not getting delivered to applicant. So be sure to login and check your profile every single day.

I hope you all find this post helpful. Please let me know if there is any information that is wrong or if you have any suggestions.
In addition to that lets be hopeful and post our experience, questions, doubts and answers here in forums and help each other out.

Nov 1, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
October 24th, 2016
ashpkgo70 said:
Hey guys,
Looks like there has been a lot of confusion about the status changes in the profile and what do they mean
Great post Ash! Really informative!

john stark

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NS
App. Filed.......
15-04-2019
AOR Received.
28-05-2019
ashpkgo70 said:
Hey guys,
Looks like there has been a lot of confusion about the status changes in the profile and what do they mean.

Let me share some common things I have noticed via many posts on this forum and what do the changes mean. If anyone find any mistake or would like to correct the information provided below, please let me know I will make an update in the edit.

Our files are most likely assigned to nearest Visa offices, people also refer them as Local visa office or LVO. And for particular visa offices they use terms as NDVO (New delhi visa office), MVO (Manilla visa office) and so on... How do they decide to which VO to transfer your file, we are not entirely sure, but most likely to the nearest visa office to your current country of residence.

Following is the process how they access your file after you have submitted e-APR

Steps 1, 2 and 3 can go in parallel, after each one of them are complete 4 and then 5 will follow.
File transfer to Local VO will happen once step 1,2 and 3 are complete. Local VO will take care of steps 4 and 5.

1. Medical will change to passed (if you have passed the medical exam) -- depends on clinic to clinic and country to country, they will check if you don't any serious conditions like HIV, hepatitis and you wont be a burden on their health care initially.
2. R10 (Completeness check) -- they will verify if they have received all the documents, will notify you if you have missed any
3. A11.2 (Analyst Recommendation) -- they will verify if you are actually eligible for the program you have applied under and calculate CRS and if your CRS was above cutoff for that draw.
4. Background check and other formalities and checks -- here they will verify everything that you have mentioned in your application. Travel history, personal history, work history, criminality check etc... This part is time consuming, it if safe to assume that normally it would take anywhere from 1 to 4 months. Although the BG check time varies heavily. May even exceed the 6 months timeline. No one knows for sure how long will it take for your file.
5. Final decision -- I have seen 1 to 7 days after BG check completed to final decision made. Again, the time will vary and depends on visa officer.
In rarest cases they schedule an interview, they are very rare and we have not seen enough cases to conclude anything.

After the final decision has been made, you will receive a passport request (PPR) where you have to submit your passport for stamping and 4 photographs along with it. Your visa will be then stamped with the most awaited maple leaf visa along with CoPR (Confirmation of Permanent Residence) and you will have to make a first landing before the specified expiry date on CoPR.

1. Application/profile status : Open (Will stay open until a final decision has been made)
2. Review of eligibility : In progress (Mostly it will stay like this until a final decision has been made)
3. Review of Medical results : No needed to Passed (Generally it will take 1 day to 2 months)
No documents required at this time to Requested additional documents (or something like that if they have requested any new documents).
Requested additional documents to Provided (Once they have received the documents they have requested).
No additional documents needed at this time (This will stay like this for rest of your application if they have not requested any additional documents)
5. Scheduling an interview : Not needed at this time (Probably will stay like that throughout your application unless you have an schedule interview)
6. A background check is needed : This varies from VO to VO, I am mentioning general trends in statuses
Not needed at this time to Not started to again Not needed at this time to In progress -- This tend is generally for NDVO.
Not needed at this time to In progress : CEC applicants will generally have this status change.
Not started to In progress : Some CEC applicants and other VOs generally have this status change.
Not started to Not needed at this time to In progress : Some people have not started as their initial status and sometimes it will follow like this
Not needed at this time to Not started to Not needed at this time to In progress to Not needed at this time to In progress : Sometimes or generally NDVO follows this trend. Some applicants have noticed this kind of change of statuses. Not need to worry they got their PR after second time it changed to In progress.
In progress to passed : This will happen if you have passed the background check.
7. Final decision : Not started to Decision made -- this will happen after your BG changes to passed.

The above timelines I have outlined are based on hundreds of forum posts and following the general trend. These timeline varies drastically and one can only speculate on it. There is no analytics site that predicts accurate PPR date from AOR even with hundreds of cases on their tracker.

If there is any communication from CIC, any good news or bad news, you will be informed via your my CIC profile. So be sure to check it regularly. Even though they send out e-mail if there has been any changes in our applications, I have seen cases of e-mail not getting delivered to applicant. So be sure to login and check your profile every single day.

I hope you all find this post helpful. Please let me know if there is any information that is wrong or if you have any suggestions.
In addition to that lets be hopeful and post our experience, questions, doubts and answers here in forums and help each other out.

Thank You Ash for this great post!!

malican

May 24, 2016
ashpkgo70 said:
Hey guys,

Requested additional documents to Provided (Once they have received the documents they have requested).

Thank you very much for this. I am also sharing this info. on the December thread. Please feel free to check in their; definitely appreciate your post!

Canada2425

Jun 1, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
17-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
15-12-2016
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
18-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
18-06-2017
ashpkgo70 said:
Hey guys,

+1 for the post.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
ashpkgo70 said:
Hey guys,

+1 for this detailed post !

Btw... Can you tell me the background status for London Visa Office (LVO) ?

pratik1216

Jun 13, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ashpkgo70 said:
Hey guys,

Thanks Ash! Great post.

Raj, Ash - I submitted my profile on 16th NOV. No movement yet, butI did receive a ghost email. And, my "Review of submitted documents" has no status, its blank.

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

What do you think?

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Guys,

My Background Status changed again from Not Started to Not Neededabout an hour ago.

My profile detailed status as of 2 Dec is as follows:

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not needed at this time (NN--NS--NN)
Final decision Not Started

Please updates my profile details in the Sheet !

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ashpkgo70 said:
Hey guys,

Good one. Thanks for putting it together. +1

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
tgman said:
I also received travel history rewuest. I had a total of 59 trips and had to use an additional page. I just created a word file with the required info table, put my name, form name IMM5562E and saved as pdf and submitted it.
Hi, did u have 59 countries in that list or cities - if within the USA I travelled to 5 cities every trip, I break those down in different rows as well? or just country stamps?

Also, the link is not opening in the PDF they sent - chrome / IE ..

And, Where does one upload the PDF created?

abid91

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th Dec 2015
Nomination.....
29th Sept 2016
AOR Received.
13th Oct 2016
Passport Req..
awaiting
Hi,

I received RCMP request on October 20th and submitted the same on Nov 4th. Since then the status for "additional document request" is "Provided". Will that change to "Received" once CIC receives the letter and make sure it is the same document which was requested?

Surbhigurpreet

Sep 12, 2016
Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12.11.2016 passed 21.11.2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
waiting
ashpkgo70 said:
Hey guys,

Hello Ash and Raj,

AS we are putting things together for future reference and making it easier for forum mates. There is a rumor/ reality that PNP applicant take less time to get assessed. Is it true? Have you seen cases where PNP are crossing the finishing lines prior to to 6 months time frame? Have u seen cases where they have crossed the 6 months for PNP applicants.
Thanks and Regards