Everybody Chill!

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
First let me clarify that I am as much eager to apply as you are! Secondly I've been refreshing the Citizenship forum page and boy is everybody freaking out! Cm'on guys! Let's not forget how much we waited for this day and now that it's finally here everybody is jumping into the first wagon like there is no tomorrow!

I am more amazed that seniors on this thread are doing it too, instead of calming people down. Let's face it, everybody knew there is going to be a huge rush of people applying for their citizenship today, honestly what did you expect? You thought CIC's website is going to function like butter? Of course there is going to be some time outs, occasional crashes and what not! And even if it did function well, would you still want to send your application with a rush to their office on the very first day? Logically speaking, the chances of getting your application lost or mixed is a tad bit higher compared to when you send it when there is no flood on the way. So relax, take a deep breath and just wait for couple of more days.

For those whom got timed out on payment page, relax, you have the receipt through your bank account. CIC obviously has it on their system too, so they will send you a receipt. Give it couple of more buffer days. Worst case scenario get a copy of your bank account and attach it into your application. We are dealing with humans not robatic monsters, they will understand.

For those whom are freaking out on the calculator, everybody is using it tonight, and I mean everybody, even people that are not eligible yet! The new rules are all over the internet on every major news outlet, so people want to try their luck even if they are not eligible, it's just curiosity. So again relax and give it couple of more days.

For those who think if they apply today they will win over the ones whom apply tomorrow, well guess what? I have news for you! Regardless of when you apply you will be batched into a group upon ceremony. And batching (depending on your location of residence) happens when they can gather up a targeted group of people not dependant on the time of their application but on other factors. This means you will probably get into a group that will have somebody whom applied weeks after you!

I, myself, am going to apply in couple of weeks, and trust me, I am way over the threshold right now, I have a year more than what they need. I even used my lunch break to take my photographs today. London Drugs in Coquitlam, the lady said she has shot over 10 Citizenship photos today, and guess what, that was the first strike for me. I will not apply today or in coming days, but I will stick to this forum and read all the comments to get it right when it's time. Heck even couple of more weeks wouldn't bother me either.

Relax, take a deep breath and let it go for tonight. Come back later and try when the website is not overwhelmed.

Cheers,

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well said, things will settle down and in any case let’s see how many people in their really unnecessary rush make some mistakes in their applications as opposed to taking their time getting it right. After all a few days is not going to make much difference in a lifetime.

Reactions: rezafc

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
First let me clarify that I am as much eager to apply as you are! Secondly I've been refreshing the Citizenship forum page and boy is everybody freaking out! Cm'on guys! Let's not forget how much we waited for this day and now that it's finally here everybody is jumping into the first wagon like there is no tomorrow!

I am more amazed that seniors on this thread are doing it too, instead of calming people down. Let's face it, everybody knew there is going to be a huge rush of people applying for their citizenship today, honestly what did you expect? You thought CIC's website is going to function like butter? Of course there is going to be some time outs, occasional crashes and what not! And even if it did function well, would you still want to send your application with a rush to their office on the very first day? Logically speaking, the chances of getting your application lost or mixed is a tad bit higher compared to when you send it when there is no flood on the way. So relax, take a deep breath and just wait for couple of more days.

For those whom got timed out on payment page, relax, you have the receipt through your bank account. CIC obviously has it on their system too, so they will send you a receipt. Give it couple of more buffer days. Worst case scenario get a copy of your bank account and attach it into your application. We are dealing with humans not robatic monsters, they will understand.

For those whom are freaking out on the calculator, everybody is using it tonight, and I mean everybody, even people that are not eligible yet! The new rules are all over the internet on every major news outlet, so people want to try their luck even if they are not eligible, it's just curiosity. So again relax and give it couple of more days.

For those who think if they apply today they will win over the ones whom apply tomorrow, well guess what? I have news for you! Regardless of when you apply you will be batched into a group upon ceremony. And batching (depending on your location of residence) happens when they can gather up a targeted group of people not dependant on the time of their application but on other factors. This means you will probably get into a group that will have somebody whom applied weeks after you!

I, myself, am going to apply in couple of weeks, and trust me, I am way over the threshold right now, I have a year more than what they need. I even used my lunch break to take my photographs today. London Drugs in Coquitlam, the lady said she has shot over 10 Citizenship photos today, and guess what, that was the first strike for me. I will not apply today or in coming days, but I will stick to this forum and read all the comments to get it right when it's time. Heck even couple of more weeks wouldn't bother me either.

Relax, take a deep breath and let it go for tonight. Come back later and try when the website is not overwhelmed.

Cheers,
Well said.

Wow i thought i was the only one waiting a couple of weeks actually i would love to wait a month when i can pay effortlessly and all forms have been corrected. Etc

I would also like to note common mistakes people made and avoid it for example someone called an agent and she told him to include all the pages of his passport. I would not have known that if i sent mine today.

Both photos stamped.

Irregardless we would all be citizens at the end. i dont want my application in this batch which can even be backlogged cause the officers might be overwhelmed.

Ill rather be a couple of weeks late with no errors than be on time today and be told 3 months later i didnt sign something

crazyberns

Star Member
Apr 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-07-2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
no
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
It didn't say...
Med's Request
09-12-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
30-05-2014
To the OP, thank you! We need to calm down, but I admit I was so stressed out earlier because of their payment system and that question 9(c) aaarrggghh, but yeah what can we do. It's really best to wait for a bit.

I would also like to note common mistakes people made and avoid it for example someone called an agent and she told him to include all the pages of his passport. I would not have known that if i sent mine today.

Both photos stamped.
I didn't know all these. Really all passport pages? If so, thanks for the info!

Reactions: ibry

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
To the OP, thank you! We need to calm down, but I admit I was so stressed out earlier because of their payment system and that question 9(c) aaarrggghh, but yeah what can we do. It's really best to wait for a bit.

Yw. Yeah. I mean guessing is one thing but this person said the agent told him

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017

If they have changed the rule than maybe...I do not believe it though.

I sent ONLY the pages with the photograph and the next page with where I have received my passport from. (old rule) I did NOT send any stamped pages and that was fine.

Just follow the instructions to the dot and do not send unnecessary stuff.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
filled the forms yesterday. yet to take photos. i have over 1 year of buffer.
Take your time and don’t rush. Better to get it correct and wait for the initial storm to blow over.

CIC still has to deal with the backlog of old applications.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

Cheers,
All very true.

vicky86

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Mar-2014
Nomination.....
04-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
15-Apr-2014
Med's Request
15-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
20-May-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
01-03-2015 (already in Canada)
Well Said rezafc!!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
My wife has over ~300 days buffer now with the new rules. But with all the chaos and glitches that typically come out when rolling out a new system, we decided she will apply in November. Hopefully a lot of the kinks are worked out by then,

Reactions: ibry

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
My wife has over ~300 days buffer now with the new rules. But with all the chaos and glitches that typically come out when rolling out a new system, we decided she will apply in November. Hopefully a lot of the kinks are worked out by then,
Good decision!

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Me too am waiting.

I would like to put the new date in the physical presence calculator and see how many extra buffer weeks i have but it keeps crashing.

vicky86

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Mar-2014
Nomination.....
04-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
15-Apr-2014
Med's Request
15-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
20-May-2014
Passport Req..
13-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2015
LANDED..........
01-03-2015 (already in Canada)
Good decision, I've 200 plus days. I think I will apply Late Oct or early November.