+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Error in name

Michelle01

Nov 19, 2021
Hi I have applied for my visa on 30th October and my surname is repeated twice in my application and my biometric collection letter.
I have raised a web form but haven’t heard back even after 15 days.
I have my biometric appointment on in 10days, can I go to the biometric centre and ask for change in error or how do I get this issue rectified

amirshaikh88

May 17, 2016
Hi I have applied for my visa on 30th October and my surname is repeated twice in my application and my biometric collection letter.
I have my biometric appointment on in 10days, can I go to the biometric centre and ask for change in error or how do I get this issue rectified
was this resolved @Michelle01 ?

Jane JOE

Jan 5, 2024

hello, did you have it fixed? How?

Jeasbe

Feb 17, 2024
My wife ANNA SINGH, (Not her actual name) and I had applied for our Canadian Visitors Visa at IRCC Online and Submitted our documents on Feb 10th 2024.

I became the family member representative as spouse of the second applicant ANNA SINGH (Not her actual name)
We both recd our Biometric Instruction Letter same day.

However I have observed that Anna's Name is mentioned as ‘ANNA SINGH ANNA SINGH’ in the Instruction letter.

Whereas her actual name is simply ANNA SINGH as mentioned in the passport and everywhere else ( ie: without Surname)

I can understand that this error could have been made due to an incorrectly typed information by us in her Application Form IMM 5257e.
I suppose when we filled the form, we put ANNA SINGH in Family name (as it was Mandatory) and also in Given Name as we guessed that since our Passport mentioned her given name as ANNA SINGH, we should fill up the Given Name Column as well.

Our LAST DATE TO APPLY FOR BIOMETRICS IS 10TH MARCH.
Anyone been in same Situation ?

Please Suggest

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/family-name-and-given-name-repeated-in-biometrics-and-in-ircc-application.835861/

Jane JOE

Jan 5, 2024
My wife ANNA SINGH, (Not her actual name) and I had applied for our Canadian Visitors Visa at IRCC Online and Submitted our documents on Feb 10th 2024.

I became the family member representative as spouse of the second applicant ANNA SINGH (Not her actual name)
We both recd our Biometric Instruction Letter same day.

However I have observed that Anna's Name is mentioned as ‘ANNA SINGH ANNA SINGH’ in the Instruction letter.

Whereas her actual name is simply ANNA SINGH as mentioned in the passport and everywhere else ( ie: without Surname)

I can understand that this error could have been made due to an incorrectly typed information by us in her Application Form IMM 5257e.
I suppose when we filled the form, we put ANNA SINGH in Family name (as it was Mandatory) and also in Given Name as we guessed that since our Passport mentioned her given name as ANNA SINGH, we should fill up the Given Name Column as well.

Our LAST DATE TO APPLY FOR BIOMETRICS IS 10TH MARCH.
Anyone been in same Situation ?

Please Suggest

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/family-name-and-given-name-repeated-in-biometrics-and-in-ircc-application.835861/
Hello, just send a web form and they’ll forward it to the office that will look at your application. It’s evident that it’s a typo. They will still take your biometrics with those names but later on, they’ll probably update it in your file. That’s what happened to me.