+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

entering to CA with valid PR

sairasaira

Jun 30, 2012
am little concrned abt the documents that immigration dept. may ask while entering to canada with VALID PR card. since i will be travelling with my kids i am concrened that if there is anyy other doc except for pr cards that miht be required at toronto airport or even at pakistans airport.(my home country).
another question is that my SIN is invalid. nevr worked in canada and stayed for 3 months aftr getting pr card. could that be an issue undr new laws.
i hope my credit cards are valid...have not expired but could they be blocked since i have not used them for 2 yrs. i do have few funds in my canadian bank. kindly suggest.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
sairasaira said:
am little concrned abt the documents that immigration dept. may ask while entering to canada with VALID PR card. since i will be travelling with my kids i am concrened that if there is anyy other doc except for pr cards that miht be required at toronto airport or even at pakistans airport.(my home country).
another question is that my SIN is invalid. nevr worked in canada and stayed for 3 months aftr getting pr card. could that be an issue undr new laws.
i hope my credit cards are valid...have not expired but could they be blocked since i have not used them for 2 yrs. i do have few funds in my canadian bank. kindly suggest.
At Pakistan airport all you need to show them is your passport and a valid PR card (not expired).

At airport on arrival to Canada, you again just need to show your passport and PR card. As long as you meet the residency obligation (so haven't stayed outside Canada for more than 3 years), then you should have no problem being admitted.

Just visit your local government office after arriving to sort out your SIN. Some airport terminals even have SIN offices that may be able to help you.

Your credit cards or funds is completely irrelevant to entering Canada.