+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ENTERING CANADA FROM US WITH LANDING PAPER ONLY!

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
My PR card is expired and I have to travel to US for some work....what if I travel by road to US and return in my private vehicle with Landing paper only.
I have more than 750 days in past 5 years here in Canada and I have applied for my PR card renewal.

Please advise what sort of questioning I have to go through to return back in Canada with Landing Paper only !
Thank you

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
torontonianguy said:
My PR card is expired and I have to travel to US for some work....what if I travel by road to US and return in my private vehicle with Landing paper only.
I have more than 750 days in past 5 years here in Canada and I have applied for my PR card renewal.

Please advise what sort of questioning I have to go through to return back in Canada with Landing Paper only !
Thank you
I would surmise you go through the same questions as you would if you returned as a visitor or a PR. Bring the record of your application (reciept and application copy if you have it) this will only help you and may even keep you from being sent to secondary inspection.

Jabs2013

Jul 30, 2013
Alurra71 said:
may even keep you from being sent to secondary inspection.
Hi
What is the nature of secondary inspection? What do they do? Does being reported happens through secondary inspection?
Regards

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Think of

1. Primary Inspection as that for routine admission - correct documents held, RO not an issue, no immigration/criminal/intelligence concerns..why should immigration keep you? They pass you on to customs who will deal with any customs related issues including checking that you haven't exceeded your allowances or bringing anything you shouldn't.

2. Secondary Inspection as that for non routine admission - opposite to 1 and includes those first time landing where detailed processing has to take place. SI can ask you anything, can contact anyone including claimed employers, fingerprint, get you to fill out forms etc. All reports and removal orders commence here. Actual formal report and removal order issuance is by a CIC Minister's Delegate - there is always at least one at the POE unless its very small in which case final admission/ inspection is deferred with you returning to the POE or going to the Local Office (CBSA always aim for the report to be issued at the POE!)