+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

English teaching for quebec

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Hi guys
I’m an English teacher.
I’ve bachelors degree.
Can i apply as a teacher at vocational and college level?
I’ve work experience as an English teacher at English institute.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys
I’m an English teacher.
I’ve bachelors degree.
Can i apply as a teacher at vocational and college level?
I’ve work experience as an English teacher at English institute.
Are you on Work Permit ? If yes you need to verify the conditions written on your work permit . If you are Permanent Resident , you are free to work in any occupation.

Regards,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unlikely to get a post secondary teaching job with a bachelors degree. Many provinces require a teaching English as a second language diploma to teach new Canadians although in Quebec the teaching would be in French. I would look at the teaching criteria for each province in Canada. Most require a masters degree. There is also a surplus of teachers in many regions. Quebec is probably not ideal given your past employment. Not sure if you speak French but that also makes getting a job more challenging.

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Are you on Work Permit ? If yes you need to verify the conditions written on your work permit . If you are Permanent Resident , you are free to work in any occupation.

Regards,
Tnx for answering
I’m outside of canada and just want to immigrate but cause I don’t have high points for express entry for canada, I have to do it through quebec system for immigration.
So this is my question:
According to my major which is teaching English can I apply for quebec under Noc 4021 as a teacher at vocational and college level?
Because my major is not in the quebec list exactly.I need my major points for immigration.
Note that I’ve work experience in English institutes,not schools.

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Unlikely to get a post secondary teaching job with a bachelors degree. Many provinces require a teaching English as a second language diploma to teach new Canadians although in Quebec the teaching would be in French. I would look at the teaching criteria for each province in Canada. Most require a masters degree. There is also a surplus of teachers in many regions. Quebec is probably not ideal given your past employment. Not sure if you speak French but that also makes getting a job more challenging.
Tnx for answering
I’m outside of canada and just want to immigrate but cause I don’t have high points for express entry for canada, I have to do it through quebec system for immigration.
So this is my question:
According to my major which is teaching English can I apply for quebec under Noc 4021 as a teacher at vocational and college level?
Because my major is not in the quebec list exactly.I need my major points for immigration.
Note that I’ve work experience in institutes.
It’s not important for me to get a job there now.First the point of my major is important.

Sarah1996

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
Can I study English as a foreign language then work as a social worker there?
As I know if you want to live and stay in canada you need to apply in Express Entry system and for quebec you have to apply in Arima system.

For having high points in these systems you need work experience for quebec you don’t need related experience.
But for express entry I think you need.
If you want to use work permit visa after studying i think you must work in your field of study

Reactions: Fatemehb

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As I know if you want to live and stay in canada you need to apply in Express Entry system and for quebec you have to apply in Arima system.

For having high points in these systems you need work experience for quebec you don’t need related experience.
But for express entry I think you need.
If you want to use work permit visa after studying i think you must work in your field of study
Your NOC has to match what you are currently doing. Quebec system is under a major transformation and it will favour French speakers. I would do your research.

Reactions: Laithhisham