+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Employment/Source of Support section query

Scott-86

Sep 7, 2017
Scotland
Hello everyone,

Regarding the Employment/Source of Support section:

Are online print outs of the funds within our bank accounts sufficient to prove that we have funds to support ourselves or should we get print outs from the bank and have them sign or stamp them?

Also, my wife's father is going to provide us with a place to stay and we are going to get a letter from him confirming that he will do this for us and also cover all bills etc, would this be better written as an affadavit or is a signed letter from him sufficient?

Does it matter that most of our funds are in sole accounts rather than joint? We do have one joint account but most of the funds are in a savings account held solely by the person being sponsored.

One last question regarding Section 1 of the Supporting Documents for Sponsored Persons:

In section 1 it has a question that states "If you are living in Canada, provide proof of your status...". It goes on to say, "If you do not have status in Canada, please provide an explanation...relevant to your status". I am assuming this only applies to people that are living in Canada, and I don't need to provide any documentation regarding my status in the U.K where I am currently living?

Thanks in advance

Scott

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
In general, they refer to your NOA and the letter from your employer (both of which are required) as proof that you will be able to support the principal applicant. Including things like bank statements etc. is typically what people do if they are not able to provide either of those things. Is that the case for you?

In regards to your last question, you answered your own question: the statement begins with "if you are living in Canada..." if you are not living in Canada then you do not need to answer this question.

Scott-86

Sep 7, 2017
Scotland
Ah, sorry I should have clarified:

My wife is Canadian, we live and work together in the U.K. We will both be giving up our jobs when/if I am granted PR.