+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Email from IRCC Suspect of fraud

Apr 18, 2016
Hello Guys,

I recently submitted my sponsorship application, but I didn't pay for the biometric fee. I just got an email saying that I need to pay the biometric fee to proceed with my application. I logged into my CIC account to check if I got any message, but I didn't.

I'm suspecting it is a fraud because as far as I know, CIC sends us messages through their website, right?

What do you guys think? How can I check whether it is a fraud or not?

------ Content of the email in an attached PDF------
Dear Clauber Dos Reis Ferreira:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence.

On July 31st, 2018, biometrics (fingerprints and a photograph) became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. Your application was received on or after July 31st, 2018. After a summary review of your application, it was determined that requirement applies to you.

In order for IRCC to process your application, you must complete/submit the following to this office by 2020-01-17 (formatted as “year/month/day”):

Payment of Biometric Fees

1. You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software, and a printer.

2. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.

3. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.

4. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”.

Note: “If you qualify for the “family” or “groups of performing artists” rates, only enter “1” into the ‘Quantity’.

5. Select the fee that applies to your application.

6. Click “Submit” and complete payment.

7. Once completed, send the payment receipt via the IRCC Webform at the following link: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx.

Note: You only need to pay biometric fees at this time. When your application is processed, you will receive further instructions on when and how to give your biometrics. For more information on biometrics, please visit the IRCC website at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

The requested documents/information, must be submitted by 2020-01-17 (formatted as “year/month/day”). No other reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
This is not a fraud.

You must pay the biometrics fees. Each one of those websites is genuine.

If you provided an email address in your sponsorship application, the application says they will contact you by email.

Reactions: scylla

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
Not fraudulent.

A lot of official communication doesn't go through GCKey. Your actual biometric request will go through GCKey but the request for payment, for whatever reason, does not. The only messages I got through GCKey (in the whole process, because I have landed already) were my Biometric request, my Medical request, and my approval-in-principle letter (eligibility passed and decision made in one, a lot of people get them as two separate letters). Everything else only went through my email