+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility interview - Urgent please

Habesha2023

Aug 25, 2023
Hello friends,
Do someone have done eligibility interview for refugees claims in this office?

6900 Airport Road,
Mississauga ON,
L4V 1E8
I need some information please?
thanks!

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Hello sorry to ask this but what is brown paper ? The refugee claimant document with ur picture in it? Also if you already got this does it mean you have pass eligibility??
Yes, it is the refugee claimant document with the picture in it. Yes, if you have received it then you are eligible and your case will be sent to IRB.

Ildah

May 26, 2023
Yes, it is the refugee claimant document with the picture in it. Yes, if you have received it then you are eligible and your case will be sent to IRB.
[/QUOTE thank you for your reply. So after the case is sent to IRB what next? That's when you wait for the main hearing? Which might take 3 month to 2 years?

Mancini

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Yes, as I learnt here in the forum it can take from 3 months up to 2 years. I think IRB will at some time send you a notice to advise the date of the hearing.
I only finished eligibility interview last week, I don't know much about what communications from IRB following this.

I hope someone here in the forum can tell us what will happen with IRB after the case is referred to them.

Mehdi-Md

Mar 21, 2015
Thanks guys for all your responses, my interview went well, no serious questions were asked. It was more like a discussion. I got my brown paper same day.

Please who has any idea about expected time for hearing, also I saw on this website some people do virtual hearing, is it an option one can select?
Congrats. Did you have 4 pictures with you or did they ask for pictures again? My parents should go next week and they have received a letter requesting the same document as the first interview.
Also did you have your hearing already?

helpme1

Mar 6, 2024
Congrats. Did you have 4 pictures with you or did they ask for pictures again? My parents should go next week and they have received a letter requesting the same document as the first interview.
can you post their timeline please.

Mehdi-Md

Mar 21, 2015
Did they get their work permit ?
Only my mom got her work permit after the first interview. The portal says my mom's background check is passed on September but my father's background is still under process. Anyone in the same boat?

helpme1

Mar 6, 2024
Only my mom got her work permit after the first interview. The portal says my mom's background check is passed on September but my father background is still under process. Anyone with in the same boat?
I think it depends on country and gender. Some countries background check takes too long for men. I just applied one month ago and medical got updated today after 3 weeks since results were sent from the clinic. Lots of people applying in the country. All the best to your parents. And it's always advisable to bring whatever documents or pictures they ask for because they are dealing with many people and best to avoid further delays.

Mehdi-Md

Mar 21, 2015
I think it depends on country and gender. Some countries background check takes too long for men. I just applied one month ago and medical got updated today after 3 weeks since results were sent from the clinic. Lots of people applying in the country. All the best to your parents. And it's always advisable to bring whatever documents or pictures they ask for because they are dealing with many people and best to avoid further delays.
I went to the Etobicoke office today and asked from the front desk if the pictures are required again. The reception said the interview letters are always the same. If they have given the pictures in the first interview then there is no need to bring them again.

Reactions: helpme1
Sep 28, 2023
sorry for late response, I didn't go with another photos, and they never asked since I already submitted during my passport seizure

Reactions: Mehdi-Md