+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility criteria for the course to apply for and the work permit granted

merwyn.xavier

Feb 6, 2011
Hi,

My name is Merwyn, I'm from India (Mumbai),
I'm an MBA graduate - Marketing (Major) and now i want to study in Canada with an intention to work and settle over there. I'm searching for 2 year Marketing/Advertising courses in Canadian Universities/Colleges as it would lead to 3 year work permit, which may guarantee me a PR in future.

I have few queries regarding the eligibility criteria for the course to apply for and the work permit granted:

- How is 2 year full time studies interpreted in Canada? Is it 16 months (8 months per year)? or 24 months (total study time)?

- If I apply for a course consisting of Co-op/Internship will it be considered within full time study period?

- Which of the following type of courses are eligible/not eligible for CEC and if eligible, can guarantee me a 3 year work permit after completion of 2 year study period
a. Graduate courses
b. Bachelors courses
c. Diploma
d. Advanced Diploma
e. Certificate courses
f. Post-Graduation Diploma
f. any other (I'm missing out)

- Can I do Two '1 year Post graduation diploma' course '8 months' each from same or different Colleges within 2-3 years, will I be eligible for 3 year work permit?

- How much balance do I have to show in my Bank A/c? Can i show the balance in my parents A/c? For how many months or years do i have to maintain the balance?

I will be grateful if someone can help me out with these queries..

Thanks,
Merwyn