+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Elegibility back in 2006

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Hi, I submitted my application in 2006, now I'm doing a review of it and noticed that the description of the Occupation 2147 is not accurate with my current job type, I'm trying to find out what was the NOC list in the year I sent my application, or what was the profession list accepted when I did my application, and I had no luck to find it. Also, I don't know if the occupation description changed and it was split into 2147 (computer engineers) and 2173 (software engineers)

Does anyone remember what was the selection criteria for applications under the "Simplified" system?

And, if my Occupation is not accurate, can I change it? maybe send a letter, update, or something? or will I update this when they ask for the full application?

thx for any help,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry about it. If you qualified when you applied, you still do.

crosstantine

Star Member
Nov 23, 2009
Hi Leon, today I read a post from somebody and he states that his application was rejected because the NOC number does not match with the activity he is doing, I think I'm in the same situation, the NOC 2147 (Computer engineers) specifically excludes software engineers (2173), and that's exactly the work I do, should I send a letter to the embassy to clarify this? my process has been in the waiting list for 2 years and I don't want to wait 3 more because of this.

What is the best option in order to prevent the rejection because of the wrong NOC number, I know that both occupations are valid for the immigration process, but I'm worry that this mistake makes a delay in my application.

Thanks for your help.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are worried about it, you can contact them and tell them about your NOC problems but really, I don't think it matters at all.

The post you read was probably about somebody who was trying to apply under the new rules under category 1. To do that, your occupation needs to be on a most wanted list of 38 NOCs. Of course many people try to bend the truth a bit and make their occupation fit a NOC on the list, even when it really doesn't so if they get caught doing that, then yes, they get denied because they don't really fit that NOC.

Lucky11

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No tension, You can change it at the time of finalization of documents