+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Concerns

dominique34

Mar 10, 2024
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Hello, looking for some guidance regarding my Express Entry profile and the ITA process for CEC. I have already submitted my profile and entered the pool, but I am not confident with my score based on recent draws for invitations so I would like to be organized with the documents required and also have the next steps planned in a worst-case scenario.

Some background info:
- CRS score is 471 (24 single, Canadian bachelor's degree from a 4-year university program, IELTS 8 (9 Speaking, 7.5 Writing, 8 Listening, 8 Reading))
My immigration consultant said I should not worry about my score too much, but to ensure I get a supporting letter from my job (they do not participate in LMIA). With the pools being very competitive these days I don't know if it's wise to take the risk of waiting for scores to lower​
- Worked 1 year full-time permanent position (Feb 16 2023-present), 1 year in a full-time permanent concierge position from Jan 2022-Feb 2023 which I was promoted from, and a part-time seasonal retail sales associate position from Nov 2021 to Jan 2022

- Open PGWP expires Sept 17, 2024 (issued Sept 17 2021)
In June 2021 I had to move to Ontario from Nova Scotia after completing my studies in May 2021 due to personal reasons, and also had a very difficult time finding work in the summer/fall 2021 since I did not have a physical work permit due to delays with PGWP approval and mailing of the permit (despite being approved but w/o permit, was denied job offers as some employers did not understand). When I received my PGWP I found what was most available at the time to support myself quickly despite the positions not being able to qualify towards CEC. I struggled to find another job while working as a concierge until my company promoted me to a higher position. I know time has been kind of wasted with such a short time on the PGWP and I wish I focused on more experience in skilled jobs before my present job so that I could be at peace of mind, but it is what it is...​

Uncertain about a few things:

1. Before submitting my EE profile, should I have also included my previous 2 jobs despite not being able to claim points for them under CEC as they were NOC C/TEER 4 positions? I only included my current position as I could claim points for it. Kindly advise if it's best to withdraw my current EE profile and start over again (if this is possible without causing any issues down the line) and upload all previous work experience, or if I should leave it as is and I'll be ok to enter all previous work experience when asked about history in PR application after ITA?
a. If I need to indicate the Skill C positions, do I need to upload a job reference from my retail sales associate job? It's been a while since then and need to reach out to get this provided ASAP. I can get the job offer and description letters for my concierge and current position as it was within the same company.​
2. I thought the NOC for Administrative Assistant (13110) matched closest with my duties as a Payroll and Administrative Associate, however, the more I researched I had serious doubts and worried it could be interpreted to match three other codes and then they would no longer qualify my work history. This is very complicated as my main duties are very broad - I assist essentially all departments (HR, Payroll, Marketing/IT, and Accounting) but report to the dir. of HR. The original job description I received is vague and I am concerned once my manager and I draft the duties in-depth, the officer may decide it falls under Personnel Clerks (1415), Payroll Clerks (1432) or General Office Clerks (1411) as some (but not all) of my duties share similarities across each of them and my title suggests otherwise.

3. Given the time between now and my PGWP expiring along with the recent draw cut-off scores being in the 500s, what are my other options? Understand that I can't apply for BOWP until after I have been invited and received the AOR for the PR application, and other options are to stay on a visitor record visa or simply leave - are there other programs that I may be eligible for that I can look into?
a. I did not select all provinces when asked which one(s) I would be interested in living in, only selected Ontario as I have ties here already. Should I withdraw and change this answer to broaden my chances of being invited to other programs?​

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-11-2023
Hello,

I understand your situation, as I've been through a similar experience myself. Here are some insights tailored to your circumstances:

1. When completing your Express Entry profile, you have to include job experiences for which you're not claiming points. However, once you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA), you must list all your work experiences in the personal history section. You don't need to withdraw your current application; instead, you can make necessary changes to your existing file.

a) If you're claiming points for a Skill Type C position, it's essential to obtain a job reference from your employer.

2. Select a (NOC) code that closely matches your job description, and ensure you have a job reference letter from your employer for that specific NOC code. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) officers will evaluate your responsibilities as provided during the file submission process. Aim for 60% to 70% of your duties to align with the chosen NOC code.

3. Unfortunately, there are limited options available.

a) To improve your chances of receiving an ITA, consider expanding your options by selecting other provinces in your Express Entry profile.

dominique34

Mar 10, 2024
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Hello,

I understand your situation, as I've been through a similar experience myself. Here are some insights tailored to your circumstances:

1. When completing your Express Entry profile, you have to include job experiences for which you're not claiming points. However, once you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA), you must list all your work experiences in the personal history section. You don't need to withdraw your current application; instead, you can make necessary changes to your existing file.

a) If you're claiming points for a Skill Type C position, it's essential to obtain a job reference from your employer.

2. Select a (NOC) code that closely matches your job description, and ensure you have a job reference letter from your employer for that specific NOC code. The
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) officers will evaluate your responsibilities as provided during the file submission process. Aim for 60% to 70% of your duties to align with the chosen NOC code.

3. Unfortunately, there are limited options available.

a) To improve your chances of receiving an ITA, consider expanding your options by selecting other provinces in your Express Entry profile.
I appreciate your response.

I will only be claiming for the Skill B job I have

Also, where would I go to make changes to my work history and to select the other provinces on my submitted EE profile?

Aug 7, 2019
India
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-11-2023
I appreciate your response.

I will only be claiming for the Skill B job I have

Also, where would I go to make changes to my work history and to select the other provinces on my submitted EE profile?
Then you need to get a job reference letter for only skill B job,
For work history, go to the work history option, then choose work history and remove the experience for which you are not claiming points.

To select other provinces, go to Application/profile details and choose your options under Provinces and territories of your interest.

Sarah1980

Apr 15, 2019
Hello,

for 1. you do not need to put all your work experience in the EE profile, only the ones you will be claiming points for. If you put them in the profile, then you have to remove them in the application once you get ITA (some people do it this way but then you need to explain why you remove that work experience).

for 3. Have you looked into PNP programs ?