+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-certificate: "Our system is experiencing difficulties at the moment. Please try again shortly."

Misstee

Oct 31, 2023
I've been trying to download my e-certificate but the error message has changed from my e-certificate not being available and needing to wait 2-5 days from when I sent the signed oath to "Our system is experiencing difficulties at the moment. Please try again shortly."
Is anybody experiencing this as well? Just wondering if it is due to the maintenance they had last night or if it is specific to my account

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Try another browser. I kept getting error on Firefox, but it worked on Chrome. Also try updating your browser.

Misstee

Oct 31, 2023
Try another browser. I kept getting error on Firefox, but it worked on Chrome. Also try updating your browser.
Thank you so much for responding. I was using Chrome when I started getting the error. Have tried other browsers and get the error intermittently, so will just assume it's some kind of technical glitch

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
It is because of security certificate. If you aren't using the latest version, you will get an error. That's why you need to update your browser. At least, that's what I figured.

Samiru

Nov 22, 2023
I've been trying to download my e-certificate but the error message has changed from my e-certificate not being available and needing to wait 2-5 days from when I sent the signed oath to "Our system is experiencing difficulties at the moment. Please try again shortly."
Is anybody experiencing this as well? Just wondering if it is due to the maintenance they had last night or if it is specific to my account
Hello, Have you been able to download it? I have been receiving the same error message (...system is experiencing difficulties....'). Was anyone able to get a fix for the issue or do I need to reach out to them? Any help/tips will be appreciated. Thank you!!!

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Someone in this forum got it from Service Canada, maybe you can try that route but only if you've exhausted all the possibilities like calling them or trying with a different browser or device. Some clerks take long to upload your certificate.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Someone in this forum got it from Service Canada, maybe you can try that route but only if you've exhausted all the possibilities like calling them or trying with a different browser or device. Some clerks take long to upload your certificate.
Hello @Calgary222,
I have done every thing, webform, multiple emails, multiple calls to IRCC call centres, Call to my MPP and Local MP, Nothing moved.
Any idea where did you see in the forum about "getting it from service canada". Its more than 20 days now and my wait continues!

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hello @Calgary222,
I have done every thing, webform, multiple emails, multiple calls to IRCC call centres, Call to my MPP and Local MP, Nothing moved.
Any idea where did you see in the forum about "getting it from service canada". Its more than 20 days now and my wait continues!
Can't seem to find it now but you would have to call IRCC first and then make the arrangement to see whether they will still entertain your request of geting it from Service Canada or it was just a one time thing.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
@Cannnada
Sorry my bad, just found the post, where they were giving advice if you can ask IRCC if it's possible to get the certificate from Service Canada, they hadn't actually got it from Service Canada, you can find the post here:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-certificate-after-oath.735545/page-198#post-10598072
@Calgary222
I spoke to IRCC, they said they don't see certificate in my file. They say it depends on officer to update the file with Oath certificate.
No way to contact the officer.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
@Calgary222
I spoke to IRCC, they said they don't see certificate in my file. They say it depends on officer to update the file with Oath certificate.
No way to contact the officer.
Then you have to send your pdf signed oath form again. This time send it via webform and also using a different email address. Sometimes this works.
Also try sending it back to the same oath email you got. It's ok if you send it twice.
Then call and confirm if they have received it.

Cannnada

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Then you have to send your pdf signed oath form again. This time send it via webform and also using a different email address. Sometimes this works.
Also try sending it back to the same oath email you got. It's ok if you send it twice.
Then call and confirm if they have received it.
I did sent Oath form twice, both times I received the auto-reply. Just now I sent from another email address and received no ack.
used web form and submitted as you suggested.
This is too tiring.
Frustrating part is you are not able to find if they have received the forms or missed it!
Thanks for webform suggestion, let us see if it works

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I did sent Oath form twice, both times I received the auto-reply. Just now I sent from another email address and received no ack.
This is too tiring.
Frustrating part is you are not able to find if they have received the forms or missed it!
Sometimes they don't send ack. With a webform they can't say that they haven't received it. Seems like every step of the way we have to hold our breath with them.

Reactions: Cannnada

umairmushtaq

May 29, 2018
This is too tiring.
Hi how did you get it sorted? I am in the same boat!

umairmushtaq

May 29, 2018
Hi how did you get it sorted? I am in the same boat!!!