+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving license

vee2396

Nov 26, 2023
Hi everyone, I moved to Canada (Quebec) in April 2023 and I have an international driving license that is valid to 9 months since I entered Quebec according to the SAAQ website.
But I have been trying to get an appointment for over 5 months for a canadian driving license and finally got one on January 8th for the knowledge test so I would have to pass that before requesting another appointment for the road test.
By the time I do these tests my international driving permit will be expired and I would have no right to drive in Quebec
So my question is, do you know any way I could extend my foreign driving permit, and do you know if I leave Canada and re enter it (since I'm visiting my home country for 2 weeks) will that count for another 9 months? Thank you

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I moved to Canada (Quebec) in April 2023 and I have an international driving license that is valid to 9 months since I entered Quebec according to the SAAQ website.
But I have been trying to get an appointment for over 5 months for a canadian driving license and finally got one on January 8th for the knowledge test so I would have to pass that before requesting another appointment for the road test.
By the time I do these tests my international driving permit will be expired and I would have no right to drive in Quebec
So my question is, do you know any way I could extend my foreign driving permit, and do you know if I leave Canada and re enter it (since I'm visiting my home country for 2 weeks) will that count for another 9 months? Thank you
Looks like you are abusing the system. My suggestion: take public transit until you get your Canadian driver license.