+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving License query

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I have couple of doubts/question regarding DL extract from India.

1. I have my license from Mumbai (currently staying in Pune). I came to know about parivahan.gov.in where we can apply for the DL extract online. Anybody with Mumbai RTO done this? In that case any idea how many days it takes and how to collect it, i.e. if I apply it now and can collect it later after 15-20 days or so?
    By any chance can I apply to Pune RTO i.e. collect from Pune RTO?

2. My Wife's license is from Vadodara. So her address on DL is of her vadodara place, whereas the Passport is updated with new name (post-marriage surname change) and my Mumbai address. So,
    • Is it compulsory to have new name and address (matching passport) for the DL extract?
    • If yes, is the procedure like apply for name change at Vadodara RTO with NOC to transfer the address change to Mumbai. Later apply for DL extract from Mumbai RTO? (or what should be the process)
Anyone experience similar situation (and/or location) please assist me. Thanks.

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi All,

1. I have my license from Mumbai (currently staying in Pune). I came to know about parivahan.gov.in where we can apply for the DL extract online. Anybody with Mumbai RTO done this? In that case any idea how many days it takes and how to collect it, i.e. if I apply it now and can collect it later after 15-20 days or so?

2. My Wife's license is from Vadodara. So her address on DL is of her vadodara place, whereas the Passport is updated with new name (post-marriage surname change) and my Mumbai address. So,
    • Is it compulsory to have new name and address (matching passport) for the DL extract?
    • If yes, is the procedure like apply for name change at Vadodara RTO with NOC to transfer the address change to Mumbai. Later apply for DL extract from Mumbai RTO? (or what should be the process)
Not sure the purpose of this query, can u please let us know

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for not being clear here. This is post PR query. I got my visa stamped and COPR, and will be landing soon.
So this query is about driving license Extract, which is helpful in reducing wait time for appearing for driving test.
Sorry if this is not the right forum...

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Not sure about Mumbai RTO but you would need DL abstract to claim foreign experience here in Canada
  1. My Wife's license is from Vadodara. So her address on DL is of her vadodara place, whereas the Passport is updated with new name (post-marriage surname change) and my Mumbai address. So,
    • Yes its a must, if there is mismatch you need to get it notarized.
    • Does not matter all required is DL extract
You should be posting this in Settlement issues section mate.

save_me_plz

Jun 5, 2014
Hi All,

Did you get the driving extract from mumbai or pune? I have similar issue... the driving license has old address in delhi, however new address is also in delhi. Did you have to change the address?