+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubts on Renewal of Passport After ITA but before VISA Stamping

prianca10

Feb 27, 2018
Hi
I believe I got a situation here. I have received ITA and now in a process of completing forms. The address on my Passport is of my hostel address ( Bangalore, India) while I was in my college. Now I am relocated to different STATE in same country (Vadodara, India). Now when I went to passport office (Vadodara) for PCC I was suggested with two options by the passport executive
1. To apply for re-issue of passport due to change in personal details (like current address and addition of spouse name) and then apply for PCC
2. To go to passport office (Bangalore) where the passport was issued.

Challenges

If I opt for option 1
Will it have any impact on my application as my IELTS result would have old passport number, while competing the form I would put new passport number as I would receive passport in next 10-15 days

If I opt for option 2
The address mention on the passport is not my current address and verification cannot be done considering I left hostel (7 years back). So have to provide my current address which will again create additional time and might get delay in administrative process due to communication between different states and departments (my assumption).

I am lean towards re-issue of passport based on change in personal details.
Anyone happen to be in similar situation before and how was it handled. Your suggestion and opinion will help me deal with this situation.

Thank you
I know this is an old post. But can you please me? Which option did you go with. I have the exactly similar situation as that of yours.