+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

dont have tax details for 2018 shall i submit application without it?!

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I will send NOA for 2014,2015,2016 and 2017 just to be on the safe side.
Apart from tone, which tends to get confused or misunderstood in a venue like this, I wholeheartedly agree with NOT sending anything other than what is specifically requested (with isolated exceptions, like submitting a supplemental explanation if necessary to clarify otherwise incomplete or potentially misleading information, and even this should be avoided if possible).

There are NO additional documents which move the needle to "the safe side." As @sistemc suggests, additional documents are MORE LIKELY TO RAISE QUESTIONS. That is to say, "to be on the safe side" it is better to FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS, which includes submitting what is asked for.

Bottom-line: if IRCC has concerns about the applicant's physical presence, there will be non-routine requests for additional information or documents. And over the course of the last decade there have been NO reliable reports that submitting any additional documents with the application avoids this.

But, on the contrary, there have been many, many reports (including internal CIC memos obtained through the Access to Information process) of applicants getting RQ notwithstanding having already submitted the equivalent of a RQ response with the application. LITERALLY . . . for example, internal CIC memos referenced a case in which the applicant's LAWYER assisted the applicant in submitting all the documents typically requested in RQ, with the application, and the applicant was nonetheless required to again submit the documents in responding to RQ. And actually this makes sense. The processing of a citizenship application is a BUREAUCRATIC process, and bureaucratic processes work best according to specific procedures handling particular tasks in a precise order based on defined criteria. Such systems have their limitations and flaws, but they are designed to facilitate a process-flow which comes as close to going through a checklist as possible . . . and for citizenship, the routine case literally follows a File Requirements Checklist right up to when the file is delivered to the Citizenship Officer to make a decision about the applicant.

That said, including a FEW extra documents, like NOAs, is not likely to cause a problem. Not at all likely to help. But in general, just like responding to a border officer's questions, or in responding to a police officer's questions, EXTRA information tends raise questions. Best to FOLLOW the INSTRUCTIONS, answer the questions asked, provide the documents requested. That is as close to being on the safe side an applicant can get.

Being on the "safe side" is far, far more about making a judicious decision as to WHEN to apply.

Reactions: EstherBarros

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
OP, in your application form, you are giving IRCC your SIN and authorizing them to get the information they need directly from Revenue Canada. Anything they need that is tax related, Revenue Canada will provide them. There is nothing you can send that they would not be able to get directly from Revenue Canada.

I think I understand where you are coming from- the PR application is a complicated process which asks us to sent a gazillion documents. In comparison, the citizenship application seems too easy. You do not need to send any back up to prove you were present, at this time :) no huge letters of explanation for documents they are asking for, nothing. They will let you know should they need any further information. I did not send anything extra, applied last June, and now I am just waiting for my Oath :) Trust the process!

Reactions: Yorker13

Yorker13

May 27, 2013
OP, in your application form, you are giving IRCC your SIN and authorizing them to get the information they need directly from Revenue Canada. Anything they need that is tax related, Revenue Canada will provide them. There is nothing you can send that they would not be able to get directly from Revenue Canada.

I think I understand where you are coming from- the PR application is a complicated process which asks us to sent a gazillion documents. In comparison, the citizenship application seems too easy. You do not need to send any back up to prove you were present, at this time :) no huge letters of explanation for documents they are asking for, nothing. They will let you know should they need any further information. I did not send anything extra, applied last June, and now I am just waiting for my Oath :) Trust the process!
Thank you.

i will go ahead and wont include the notice of assessment or supporting documents.

you are 100% true about the PR, which i only recieved 3 months ago after hell of a process, in which it was returned to me twice for incomplete package,hence i dont want to have the same issue and lose my queue.

last question if u dont mind me asking,

about the English Language evidence, i cant find copy of my IELTS that i took during the PR application back in 2012, i only have copy of CLB exam i made in calgary,alberta to be eligible to enter one of the government funded courses for newcomers.

will it be enough, i scored 8 in all modules.

how about if i send my university bachelor degree and transcripts to show that all the language of study was english since those documents were issued from the university

thanks