+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does a Canadian Permanent Resident need a visa to enter the USA

Discussion in 'Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration' started by columbus, Oct 13, 2008.

  1. Hiii

    My question is :Does a Canadian Permanent Resident need a visa to enter the USA?

    Thanks for yr replies!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Unless you are from a visa exempt country you need a visa to enter the US, see http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/without/without_1260.html
  3. Thanks Leo ,
    I m from senegal and definitely I hope that I woud need a visa to re-enter the USA . I lived there for 4 years. Thanks once again.
  4. Columbus
    Did you apply under the QSW or the FSW. Since you from Senegal you speak french.Could you give us your timeline?
  5. Hi Unik ,
    I lived in USA for 4 years before I moved to Canada. I applied as Quebec Skilled worker . By getting the Certificate of Selection, I then applied for the PR at the branch of Buffalo , NY. I can say that once my medicals were receivded in Ottawa , it just took 2-3 months to get my visa from Buffalo and the landing was very easy( by bus). I ve been living in Montreal and things go well. I never regret my decision to come to Canada.
    Well I speak French and Spanish very fluently but I don t want to write in these languages because I want everybody to benefit from these information. So let s share in a common language , lol. If you ve any concerns, do not hesitate to post your message.
  6. Thanks for your reply. I'm currently living in the US and I'm projecting to apply for the QSW. How is work in Montreal, the weather compare to the US?
    We will need a visa to come back to the state unless you have green card.
  7. If you have a green card in the US, you will probably lose it at some point after you take up residence in Canada. Years ago I knew people who kept their green card by going to the US every 6 months but after 9-11 they check up on it more and once they see you don't live in the US anymore, they will take your card. A permanent resident card is for permanent residents. Same as Canada, you can not keep it forever if you choose to live elsewhere.
  8. english proficiency.

    hey guys,i applied under the FSW,i've been living in the US for 12 years now and i have a bachelor's degree,i'm fluent in french because i'm senegalese, do i need to take the IELTS?
    thanks for a prompt response.
  9. OK!

  10. A Canadian PR can apply for US visa at a US consulate in Canada
  11. Can visit the US embassy for an interview closest to where one resides. Before that the infividual must fill in an online application and pay the fees.

    There is an option to upload a photo online as well.

    I just did mine last week.
  12. Wow so you r in us right now.. Congratulations!
  13. No I am in Mississauga right now, I got my visa done last week, will be going to NY for a week next month on a holiday.
  14. Could you explain me the interview A bit? How was it? What questions they asked?
  15. Hey everybody,

    My wife wants to visit united states with holding a PR CARD for last 2.5 years.

    We want to know if we need a visa to visit states for two weeks.

    Me and my son are canadian citizen.

Share This Page