+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documentation issue - input required

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
I recieved my 120 day letter back in April and supplied as much documentation as we possibly could.

The visa office here has just sent me an email asking for payslips and and tax returns from two previous jobs. The only problem is that I cannot supply this info as I dont have 95% of this documentation anymore due to water damage last year, where a lot of the documents were beyond saving.

I did however, manage to save 3 payslips from the first job, but the second none at all. The only thing I can think of is sending the 3 payslips and possibly explain again the problem and offer another means of proof that I have infact been working with the previous two companies. Maybe emails etc etc.

If I had known last year that I was going to go for the Canada adventure for sure, I would never have been stupid enough to leave all this in the cellar in the first place.

I am at the thinking that maybe the Canada dream may never happen, and more or less resigned to the fact if I can't give what they need then the application will be denied.

Has anyone had this problem? or does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
colsy said:
I recieved my 120 day letter back in April and supplied as much documentation as we possibly could.

The visa office here has just sent me an email asking for payslips and and tax returns from two previous jobs. The only problem is that I cannot supply this info as I dont have 95% of this documentation anymore due to water damage last year, where a lot of the documents were beyond saving.

I did however, manage to save 3 payslips from the first job, but the second none at all. The only thing I can think of is sending the 3 payslips and possibly explain again the problem and offer another means of proof that I have infact been working with the previous two companies. Maybe emails etc etc.
Can you get your previous employers to re-issue some payslips for you if they still exist?

If I had known last year that I was going to go for the Canada adventure for sure, I would never have been stupid enough to leave all this in the cellar in the first place.

I am at the thinking that maybe the Canada dream may never happen, and more or less resigned to the fact if I can't give what they need then the application will be denied.

Has anyone had this problem? or does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?
Once you get the re-issued slips you can then attach a letter explaining that you had some water disaster in your apartment a while back. I think this should be sufficient however, can anyone further throw more light?

Regards