+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do the documents of a particular employer matter if it does not affect the CRS?

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Pre ITA I have given employment details of a company, I had worked for. This was 5 years ago. It was a startup back then and was run by one person, who was also the Director of that company. I already have the company's offer and relieving letter as well as paystubs.

Post ITA I am not sure how the company is doing. I doubt if it even has an HR dept. The registered address is the owner's home address I guess... and I cannot find the company website online. Though it still shows active on FB.

I guess the owner (Director) is into giving guest lectures and travels around the city. So there is no dedicated workspace.

Would it be risky to show the Reference Letter from them, if he agrees to give me one?

FYI..After leaving that job, I already have 3+ years of experience of another company, so technicaly, it does not affect my CRS.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Pre ITA I have given employment details of a company, I had worked for. This was 5 years ago. It was a startup back then and was run by one person, who was also the Director of that company. I already have the company's offer and relieving letter as well as paystubs.

Post ITA I am not sure how the company is doing. I doubt if it even has an HR dept. The registered address is the owner's home address I guess... and I cannot find the company website online. Though it still shows active on FB.

I guess the owner (Director) is into giving guest lectures and travels around the city. So there is no dedicated workspace.

Would it be risky to show the Reference Letter from them, if he agrees to give me one?

FYI..After leaving that job, I already have 3+ years of experience of another company, so technicaly, it does not affect my CRS.
Removing it won't affect your CRS score indeed, as you already have 3+ years of experience. However, make sure that by removing it, you're still eligible, meaning you're above the 67/100 points minimum for express entry.

If you're good on that, then yes don't include it in "Work History", but only in "Personal History". That way, you won't be asked to show any document for that position.

Reactions: RK2Canada

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Thank you for the reply.

Is there a converter to check the score out of 100? My CRS is 463.

Also, won't it cause a mismatch with the pre ITA form, if I give that experience in "personal history", instead of "work history"?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Thank you for the reply.

Is there a converter to check the score out of 100? My CRS is 463.

Also, won't it cause a mismatch with the pre ITA form, if I give that experience in "personal history", instead of "work history"?
There is no such thing as converter. To immigrate to Canada, you first have to check your eligibility first based on the six selection factors. Check here to see if you're eligible.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

Only after being eligible should you worry about CRS.

Not a problem at all to move ir from Work history to Personal history. Common practice.