+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do each family member need to full fill the PR obligations, or 1 person can do so.

aadirana

Apr 29, 2019
Hi all,
Can you please guide me, I am planning to apply for Express Entry but need clarifications regarding few points.

My wife will going to start Her PHD in USA, and i am planning to apply with my wife and a child.
so do each family member need to full fill the PR obligations, or 1 person can do so.

Also if i stay in Canada and wife is in USA so how can she keep her PR status valid until completes the PHD.

Thank you

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Each PR holder has to fulfil their own residency obligations, after they receive PR status. In your case, you could apply for Express Entry as a Primary Applicant while declaring your Spouse as ‘non-accompanying’. She will only need to submit her Medicals and Police Certificates now when you apply and could later get her PR status after she completes her PhD.

aadirana

Apr 29, 2019
Each PR holder has to fulfil their own residency obligations, after they receive PR status. In your case, you could apply for Express Entry as a Primary Applicant while declaring your Spouse as ‘non-accompanying’. She will only need to submit her Medicals and Police Certificates now when you apply and could later get her PR status after she completes her PhD.
Thank you for the reply..

the issue with the suggestion is this i am not getting enough points while keeping my self as primary applicant,

By keeping her as primary applicant we are getting the edge to apply.