+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DISCREPANCY BETWEEN EE PROFILE AND EARLIER VISA APPLICATIONS.

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hello all,

This might seem a peculiar case to you all, but i need some advice related to it.
So, I have recently applied through EE and I am currently in the pool waiting for the ITA. I have filled all the information correctly and as honestly as I could.
However, I have an apprehension that one of my past reckless mistakes might catch up to me. The mistake though not of much significance, is still a noticeable one and thus I present my case to the fellow members of this forum for their guidance.

In December of 2018, i applied for a TRV (online) which was promptly refused by CIC. Though most of the information so mentioned on that from was correct, however, in the educational history section, which asks about 'from' and 'to' of your education I gave dates that were not totally accurate.
I attended college from August 2012 to May 2017 i.e the months that corresponded to the beginning of the 1st semester and the ending of the last semester respectively. However, being reckless, and not knowing exactly as to what constituted the 'from' and 'to', I erroneously put May 2012 to June 2017 in the respective column (which were the months for the entrance exam and the final exam respectively.) (To be noted - My degree says May as the final exam period.)

As for my current E.E, I have been totally honest. Given all dates to the best of my knowledge, and concealed nothing that i am aware of. I have also provided my UCI number from the rejected TRV, so as to not raise eyebrows.

That being said, now my query is simply this.
Is such a mistake a grave mistake? Will I be barred for misrepresentation? And if so is the case, is there any way I could address the issue before the I.O takes any decision based on the mismatch?

Thanks.

mishvas91

Apr 29, 2019
Hello all,

This might seem a peculiar case to you all, but i need some advice related to it.
So, I have recently applied through EE and I am currently in the pool waiting for the ITA. I have filled all the information correctly and as honestly as I could.
However, I have an apprehension that one of my past reckless mistakes might catch up to me. The mistake though not of much significance, is still a noticeable one and thus I present my case to the fellow members of this forum for their guidance.

In December of 2018, i applied for a TRV (online) which was promptly refused by CIC. Though most of the information so mentioned on that from was correct, however, in the educational history section, which asks about 'from' and 'to' of your education I gave dates that were not totally accurate.
I attended college from August 2012 to May 2017 i.e the months that corresponded to the beginning of the 1st semester and the ending of the last semester respectively. However, being reckless, and not knowing exactly as to what constituted the 'from' and 'to', I erroneously put May 2012 to June 2017 in the respective column (which were the months for the entrance exam and the final exam respectively.) (To be noted - My degree says May as the final exam period.)

As for my current E.E, I have been totally honest. Given all dates to the best of my knowledge, and concealed nothing that i am aware of. I have also provided my UCI number from the rejected TRV, so as to not raise eyebrows.

That being said, now my query is simply this.
Is such a mistake a grave mistake? Will I be barred for misrepresentation? And if so is the case, is there any way I could address the issue before the I.O takes any decision based on the mismatch?

Thanks.
I am not an expert but from what you are describing it's a very minor mistake. I don't think they will compare you EE profile to a visa one. Even if they would that shouldn't be considered as misrepresentation

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
If your current application is completely accurate, and you have told IRCC about the prior refusal, it's not misrepresentation and will not be a cause for denial.

Not_Your_Donkey_Kong

Apr 19, 2019
Category........
FSW
How can i tell IRCC about prior refusal? The only thing i can think of is the 'have you ever applied to enter Canada before' and the 'UCI' questions. I have answered the first in Yes and given my UCI promptly. How else can I let them know of the refusal? And do i also need to intimate to them of the earlier mistake? If yes, then how?

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
How can i tell IRCC about prior refusal? The only thing i can think of is the 'have you ever applied to enter Canada before' and the 'UCI' questions. I have answered the first in Yes and given my UCI promptly. How else can I let them know of the refusal? And do i also need to intimate to them of the earlier mistake? If yes, then how?
They will ask you that once you get the ITA.