+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dental brace

Aug 8, 2009
I have heard that the health insurance in Canada does not include dental work. I am wearing dental braces now and would like to know if it would be better to finish the dental braces work before landing in Canada, or keep them and look for dentists in Canada later. Thank you for your advice!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The health care system does not include dental work but you can buy supplemental health insurance which will pay some percentage of dental and maybe other costs such as medication, chiropractic care etc. Employers often include such insurance in your benefits package or get it for you a bit cheaper. As for paying for braces, most of them have limits on what they pay for and what kind of percentage. They may not cover everything. Usually these insurances don't kick in right away either. You may wait 3-6 months after starting a job or buying the insurance until you are actually covered.

Aug 8, 2009
Thank you, Leon,

3-6 months periods are really good afvice for me. I will look around private insurances including dental options till I get covered by the government or job.

Thanks.

beowolf18

Aug 20, 2009
We took for the addition bearings if you accept top assets and use dental allowance as medical expenses.If you accept a association you can affirmation tax answer on dental allowance (tax admonition should be accustomed from your tax advisory).

Aug 8, 2009
So, I guess I need to first see a job to be covered for the dental. In the meantime I will look for the private insurance. Thank you!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, but like I said, it varies what exactly they cover and what the percentage is. The dental insurance you get through work might not cover braces at all or maybe only 50%, who knows. For sure you can buy insurance but usually there is a 3-6 month waiting period before it kicks in because they don't want you to go and buy the insurance, right away charge your expenses to it and then cancel it as soon as you don't need it anymore. They would lose money then.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Leon said:
Yes, but like I said, it varies what exactly they cover and what the percentage is. The dental insurance you get through work might not cover braces at all or maybe only 50%, who knows. For sure you can buy insurance but usually there is a 3-6 month waiting period before it kicks in because they don't want you to go and buy the insurance, right away charge your expenses to it and then cancel it as soon as you don't need it anymore. They would lose money then.
If you already have the braces on, a good orthodontist might charge you $100 per month to do the maintenance.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Many insurances do not cover orthodontics for adults, only for minors. Keep this in mind.