+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Receiving Study Permit

Dimple Sharma

Mar 27, 2024
I applied for second year study permit but accidently I put wrong address. Later, my study permit approved because address was wrong so my study permit letter went back to the main office and I didn't get my study permit. I raise a web form and made 6-7 calls to IRCC but didn't get the positive response. I have to apply for my husband's Open Spouse Work Permit for next year as it will be expire on 29th April, 2024. Can Someone help me what else I can do to get the study permit on time?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I applied for second year study permit but accidently I put wrong address. Later, my study permit approved because address was wrong so my study permit letter went back to the main office and I didn't get my study permit. I raise a web form and made 6-7 calls to IRCC but didn't get the positive response. I have to apply for my husband's Open Spouse Work Permit for next year as it will be expire on 29th April, 2024. Can Someone help me what else I can do to get the study permit on time?
You should call IRCC and let them know about your address issue. You can apply for your husband SOWP with approval letter and can attach letter of explanation that you didn’t got physical copy . Also you can apply for verification of status online.

Reactions: Dimple Sharma

Dimple Sharma

Mar 27, 2024
Thanks for your response. They already updated the address on 5th March, 2024 and put resend request of Study Permit Letter on 19th March, 2024 but till the date called them 6 times but they always said you have to wait as resend request has been already in the queue. However, it's been one month already and only one month left so, after passing a day I get more and more tensed.

Dimple Sharma

Mar 27, 2024
Ok, Thank you so much. I got your point that I can apply my husband's SOWP with approval letter and can attach letter of explanation.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for your response. They already updated the address on 5th March, 2024 and put resend request of Study Permit Letter on 19th March, 2024 but till the date called them 6 times but they always said you have to wait as resend request has been already in the queue. However, it's been one month already and only one month left so, after passing a day I get more and more tensed.
Follow this
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5545-application-verification-status-vos-replacement-immigration-document.html

Reactions: Dimple Sharma