+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dehli - India - Parents Visit visa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
canadababu said:
I am planning to apply for Visitor visa for my in laws in VFS Hyderabad. I have some questions
1. should they go for Upfront medicals? is medical tests needed for parents visitor visa?
Medicals are not required for TRVs.... if required, the visa office will let you know.

2. I am on Open work permit now expiring on 17-Oct-2016. My PR application is under process. will they get multiple entry visitor visa for 10 yrs .do i need to submit my and my wifes' OWP and our AOR of PR application as supporting docs.
MEV (multiple entry visa) + whether visa validity should be up to passport validity or not.... depends on the assessment made by the visa officer.... based on the strong ties your in-laws have to their home country + whether the visa officer believes they should be granted a MEV/longer TRV validity for future visits.

3. Planning to submit my bank statement with a balance of canadian $ 20K and my payslips. anything else needs to be submitted as supporting docs?
Copies of you and your wife's passports + your immigration status + your NOA + marriage certificate + invitation letter signed by both yourself and your wife (PDF will suffice)

4. should we submit any bank statements / property documents of my in laws?
Yes, 6 months of bank statements..... no large, last minute deposits if it is not earned by them..... no money transferred/borrowed for the TRVs.

Property ownership documents.... translated into English by a certified translator + latest property tax receipts + self-assessment to show the current market value.

Notarized value will NOT work.... you must provide hard evidence.

Any other strong ties or reasons to return with evidence (whatever is applicable):
a. Employment or business
b. Monthly pension
c. Financial investments (FDs, RDs, mutual funds, shares, EPF/PPF, etc..... state which of these are not locked-in and can be available as funds for their visits) + ITRs for the last 2 years
d. Family ties
e. Previous travel history

Also, visit duration of 3-4 weeks max.... with a well-defined itinerary and expense estimates to prove they have the money for their visit

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
amans2515 said:
Hi all, i have a general question..
can someone please tell me if the visitor visa expires if not used within six months?

Thanks
No, it will not expire.... one can travel to Canada anytime during the validity of the TRV

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
akapoor3 said:
Hi,
Today I received visitor visa for my parents for only 6 months despite requesting them to provide for 10 years. One thing is strange: They have given 6 months visa with ‘Multiple’ entry instead of ‘Single’ entry. I believe they usually give 6 months visa with ‘Single’ entry only, not multiple entry.
Can someone do know the answer. This seems like an error on there part and I am planning to write a mail to them in this regards.
Regards,
Akapoor
The TRV validity + whether SEV/MEV..... are determined by the visa officer who assesses the applicant's situation.

Generally, all TRV applications are automatically considered for an MEV (not SEV).... this will explain why your parents got MEVs.

Regarding the TRV validity, there's nothing you can do about it.... it was based on the visa officer's assessment. In some cases, TRVs are granted up to the passport validity and not for a flat 10-years

canadababu

Star Member
May 23, 2015
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront 17-11-2015
Thanks Bryanna for detailed reply to my questions.

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
parry1901 said:
10 years multiple entry approved
Congratulations!!!

I have also applied for the visit visa for my mother. I applied on May 17, I just received tracking number from vfsglobal. I did not receive any other email. Were you getting emails from cic?

I have applied through vfs global mumbai.

Regards

vshal patel

Sep 1, 2014
i got replied for my maternal uncle for supervisa toady at 10.25 am about Medical Request and two More Documents also nedded

pari7896

Jun 9, 2014
Hi all,

I applied for my parents visit visa together my mom got passport submission request and there is still no update on my dad's application still it's showing in progress.

They goanna reject my father's visa? I am so scared, it's I applied on July 14th 2017.

Is anybody was in same situation? Please let me know.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi all,

I applied for my parents visit visa together my mom got passport submission request and there is still no update on my dad's application still it's showing in progress.

They goanna reject my father's visa? I am so scared, it's I applied on July 14th 2017.

Is anybody was in same situation? Please let me know.
It's possible (and it has happened a number of times) that the processing time for one application can take longer than the other ones.

Your parents had applied pretty recently. One positive: Your mom's application was processed earlier than IRCC's estimated 25 days.

You'll have to wait for a decision on your dad's app. He will most probably also be approved,

You shouldn't be getting scared :):)