+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Madee- still Waiting & Medical EXPIRING Pls help (PMM?)

fatmamakombe

May 19, 2008
I didn’t receive any responses to my last posting and we are getting more stressed every day. If there is someone with info / similar experience please help us out with a reply.

- Application going through Nairobi – initial letter stated it takes aprox 22 months to process
- 2 months later received request for passport
- Sent passport and ECAS later changed to Decision Made, Medicals Received, We will receive a letter with Decision (this was almost 3 weeks ago)
- My husbands’ medicals will expire in less than a MONTH

Here are our questions:

Would they ask for a passport / change ECAS to Decision Made. Medicals Received if they still want an interview? Similarly – Would they say Decision Made / request a passport and still require background checks etc to be done (ie still a long wait before we receive any news?)

If the decision is a POSITIVE ONE, how long until they actually send this letter? Our medicals will expire in 4 weeks – is it possible that we will receive a letter with a visa in the next 4 weeks and then my husband will be required to land with possibly only 2 or 3 weeks notice ?

Any timelines on what happens AFTER a Decision has been made, passport and medicals received would be helpful, especially from people applying from Nairobi office. We are particularly curious about when we will receive this letter and whether we should be running out to do another set of medicals or hunkering down for still more waiting … weeks, months etc.

Thanks!

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
There are two options. 1: They give you a COPR with the current medical's validity, which would mean that yes, you would have to land with very little notice. 2: They could extend the medical, giving you more time to land. Unfortunately, there's no way to find this out until you receive the COPR. You could try sending a Case Specific Enquiry asking about what's going to happen and why you haven't received any correspondence yet since then, but there's no telling if they will respond to it at all. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx