+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Criminal Rehabilitation

FutureNuk

Dec 10, 2007
Hello to whom will be reading this, this post is regarding the lengthy process to be deemed "criminally rehabilitated" by the Canadian government.

In my youth I was convicted of some petty crime(s). Since then I've cleaned up my act, gone to college, and manage a successful career. For 10 years I've been struggling with the bureaucratic red tape that is keeping me from my family North of the border. I have a legal counsel but this fella and his paralegal are not very helpful. There is a laundry list of tasks that I must complete in order to get across the border. The only problem with these tasks is that everything has a shelflife (example, money orders, finger print cards etc.). I've submitted everything several times in the past and the most recent was this past June and I'm hoping that this time is it. I notice online that there is nobody with their testimony about this process. It would be nice to hear of some successful cases or advice about what is to come.

Birg

Feb 28, 2008
Newbie,

I am kinda in the same situation. I have submitted my first batch of paperwork and am hoping for the best. I am from the US and had gone across several times before they stopped me and checked my criminal record. Which was 22 1/2 years old. I havent hired a lawyer yet cause I am not sure it wouldnt be a waste of money. Where are you from? Have you had any luck?

Birg