+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cost of living in Edmonton

John1954

Mar 21, 2012
Hi all, could someone give me an idea about the cost of living in Edmonton for a family of 2 Adults 3 Children ? like the rent for a 3 bedroom, groceries, Utilities, Car...etc, I already checked some of the web sites that gives a average figure but I wanted to get information from actual people currently living there.
My main focus is on the SW area of Edmonton as most of the good Public schools are there (according to Fraser Ranking).
Many thanks

E

erikag

Rent for a 3 bedroom apartment in SW starts from around $1300 + utilities.
Groceries for one months are also around $1300.
Electricity is usually around $60-100/month. During the winter months the fee went up for a couple of months and our electricity bill doubled (the usage was the same)!
Car insurance ~$80/month without any extras. You should expect to pay more than this as a newcomer.
Heating can range from around $200 and up (depending on the insulation of the house, the condition of the windows, temperature inside/outside ...
If you are looking for a home to rent, used car, used furniture, used toys, etc than check out http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/

Jas87on

Mar 17, 2013
hey good info .. !!

but my situation i'll be coming over by myself for about 3 months untill i get things sorted and some money behind my back to support my girlfriend and we have a dog also. i have a job ready . my girlfriend lives in scotland with me but is originally canadian but was young when moved so new to her aswell.

so renting a 1 bed room with possible pets allowed how likely do you think ? i also have support if i cant do this for a while .
how much money do you think per month ?
how much money should i bring to get myself started etc.. deposit on the house ? and anyother surprise's i should encounter ?

thanks for any help