+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CONSTANCIA de datos registrales or INFORME de datos registrales?

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
08-04-2011 Police Clearence
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
My husband (canadian) is sponsoring me inland, i'm from mexico. My parents live in Mexico but not in Mexico city, they live in another state in the south of mexico. I got a letter from CIC local office asking me to "Provide an original police clearance certificate from your home country. To comply with this requirement your fingerprints must be sent to the appropriate officals in that country. Please visit the following website for further information:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/mexico.asp

Also, submit the original offical English/French translation of the document, if required."

I went to the web site and I found that i need to provide a federal police certificate and and a state police certificate. The federal certificate is the tricky question. According to the webiste The federal police certificate i will need is called the Informe de datos registrales and i must follow some specific instructions to get this form.

So here is the deal, i've been reading some member of this forum aasked their relatives to go to to Mexico city and get the CONSTANCIA de datos registrales instead of the INFORME de datos registrales, that way woulbe be faster. My mom can go and get it for me, i just have to send her my 3 stes of fingerprints, the pics and copy of my id's. Once she gets it she will drop it at the embassy.

Will this be aceptable for CIC or i absolutly have to take the other route (INFORME de datos registrales) and wait 5-6 months vs 8-10 days if i get the CONSTANCIA de datos registrales.

I will highly appreciate any advice. ???

bobswife

Jul 28, 2010
ALBERTA
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 oct 2009-AIP AND OWP 30/4/10
Doc's Request.
15 June 2010
Med's Request
2ND MARCH 1 2011
Med's Done....
17 MARCH 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
they sent letter to decision made and app was transfered to Edmonton Ab
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon!!!hope before may 31 2011
LANDED..........
soon!!;)
Gigi this tramit is only in person and after 10 days somebody can pick up the letter if you sign (carta poder)My son just did it last month
I am sure the embassy is going to deal with your Carta de antecedentes registrales,which takes like 3 months to be procesed,I asume you are inlander as me.you don't hace to worry about.1 Year a go I was very confused too.Good luck y paciencia!!;)

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
bobswife said:
Gigi this tramit is only in person and after 10 days somebody can pick up the letter if you sign (carta poder)My son just did it last month
I am sure the embassy is going to deal with your Carta de antecedentes registrales,which takes like 3 months to be procesed,I asume you are inlander as me.you don't hace to worry about.1 Year a go I was very confused too.Good luck y paciencia!!;)
Thanks for your answer. Yes i'm inlander and i can't leave until the process is finished. :(

The tramit is only in person, so there's no way my parents can get it for me even if i sign a Carta poder to them?

We have been waiting since april 2009. I gues we need to have a lot more paciencia.

Thanks bobswife... we are in the same boat :'(

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
I found a websiteof a company which business is to assit people to obtain the CONSTANCIA DE DATOS REGISTRALES (or Constancia de no antecedentes penales) from mexico.

This is the linK:

http://www.antecedentes.com.mx/constancias/index.htm

I woder if somebody have done it through them?

The charge is $300 (reasonable), but i just don't want to be scam.

Any comments??? ::)

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
gigi1612 said:
I found a websiteof a company which business is to assit people to obtain the CONSTANCIA DE DATOS REGISTRALES (or Constancia de no antecedentes penales) from mexico.

This is the linK:

What do you think about this? Any comments would be appreciated ...

dorely

Aug 9, 2011
Hi Gigi,

I have the same problem/question as you. I applied outside of mexico in May and received a letter from the embassy asking for the informe de datos registrales. I understand that unlike me you applied inside canada. However, any idea how to get the letter from the embassy for the constancia :D de antecedentes registrales??

I will email them and ask them for it?

Any one else out there have any advice.

THanks Gracias :D

yaz

Star Member
Aug 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2011
Doc's Request.
18-07-2011
AOR Received.
18-07-2011
File Transfer...
08-06-2011
Med's Request
28-07-2011
Med's Done....
12-09-2011
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2012
LANDED..........
18-02-2012
Hi Guys !!
I went to Mexico city to get my carta de antecedentes registrales few days ago i will get it in 10 days I came to Mexico for my sponsorhip outland , but when i was in Canada (Toronto) I got a police certificate from there and in that office they can ask for this carta de antecedentes registrales from Mexico only they charge you more for shipping I think you can ask in the same office i mean the office where you can get police certificate from Canada.
Do you know guys what is the next step after sending this certificate!!
I am nervous!!
thanks!

gigi1612

Nov 9, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2009
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
29-10-2009
Med's Request
16-11-2010
Med's Done....
24-03-2011
Interview........
12-04-2011 AIP
LANDED..........
18-09-2012
dorely said:
Hi Gigi,

I have the same problem/question as you. I applied outside of mexico in May and received a letter from the embassy asking for the informe de datos registrales. I understand that unlike me you applied inside canada. However, any idea how to get the letter from the embassy for the constancia :D de antecedentes registrales??

I will email them and ask them for it?

Any one else out there have any advice.

THanks Gracias :D
My parents went to mexico City and got the Constancia in 10 days. If you can, go or send somebody with a power of attorney. You will need 3 sets of fingerprints, 2 pictures (oval pictures) and to pay the fee.

Good luck!!!

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
M

mrandmrsromero

gigi1612 said:

This is the linK:

When I click on this link my ISP returns pages of "protect yourself from internet fraud/identity theft" results links. Personally, I wouldn't trust it. You know the story...if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

P

pepote083

Hello there. I want to share my experience since I am now worried about my application process. I am a Mexican living in Canada and I got the "constacia de datos registrales" in Mexico city on a visit to my family. Immigration refused the paper and asked me to get a "informe de datos registrales" since I reside in Canada. Two days ago I send the fingerprints, and photos to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City (located at Miguel aCervantes de Saavedra).

Does anyone know how long it will take for them to send me the "informe de datos registrales"?
How come the Canadian Consulate is now involved for Federal Police certificates for applicants living in Canada?

One year ago applicants living in Canada had to get the Federal Police Certificate using both a letter of request made by the Mexican Embassy in Canada and a "carta poder" so that a relative/friend could obtain the Police Certificate for you in Mexico.

How come the process has changed?

I really would appreciate if you have any insights into my questions. Thank you!

Pepe

Sep 23, 2021
Hello there. I want to share my experience since I am now worried about my application process. I am a Mexican living in Canada and I got the "constacia de datos registrales" in Mexico city on a visit to my family. Immigration refused the paper and asked me to get a "informe de datos registrales" since I reside in Canada. Two days ago I send the fingerprints, and photos to the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City (located at Miguel aCervantes de Saavedra).

Does anyone know how long it will take for them to send me the "informe de datos registrales"?
How come the Canadian Consulate is now involved for Federal Police certificates for applicants living in Canada?

One year ago applicants living in Canada had to get the Federal Police Certificate using both a letter of request made by the Mexican Embassy in Canada and a "carta poder" so that a relative/friend could obtain the Police Certificate for you in Mexico.

How come the process has changed?

I really would appreciate if you have any insights into my questions. Thank you!

Pepe
I’m sorry to hear that, did you ended up getting PR?