+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion regarding CRS calculator of CIC regarding advanced diploma and Bachelor's degree

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

In this CRS calculator for Express Entry,

There is In Question no 4,
What is your level of education?
Enter the highest level of education for which you

THere are only options like
TWO YEAR PROGRAM AT A UNIVERSITY,COLLEGE, PROGRAM
BACHELOR DEGREE(THREE OR MORE YEAR PROGRAM AT A UNIVERSITY , PROGRAM )

Now my problem is my course is 3 years ADVANCED DIPLOMA. It's neither 2 year nor a bachelor degree.

HOWEVER, in question 4c, there is a categorization that
puts PROGRAMS LONGER THAN 3 years IN SAME CATEGORY WHETHER ITS BAChELOR OR DIPLOMA

but Right now I am skeptical about the 4a question .

Can anyone shed some light on it as to which I should SELECT?
DO i get the same points as a bachelor degree would or i get only points as a 2 year diploma can?

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda

Now my problem is my course is 3 years ADVANCED DIPLOMA. It's neither 2 year nor a bachelor degree.

puts PROGRAMS LONGER THAN 3 years IN SAME CATEGORY WHETHER ITS BAChELOR OR DIPLOMA

DO i get the same points as a bachelor degree would or i get only points as a 2 year diploma can?
A 3 year Diploma is most likely going to be assessed a 2 year Diploma by WES. So, use a 2 Year Diploma.

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
Yes it is the same as screenshot.
You mentioned WES so I clarified not for FSW .
Sorry for not mentioning Canadian diploma.

Now,
What I also did was a created a fake express entry profile in gckey and got to the point where it asks for my level of education.

Here it has the option of
BACHELOR'S DEGREE OR THREE OR MORE YEARS PROGRAM AT A UNIVERSITY ETC.
Which is slightly different than CrS calculator

Notice It says
OR instead of the those brackets in CRS calculator.

But tbh I am still skeptical

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Yes it is the same as screenshot.
You mentioned WES so I clarified not for FSW .
Sorry for not mentioning Canadian diploma.

Now,
What I also did was a created a fake express entry profile in gckey and got to the point where it asks for my level of education.

Here it has the option of
BACHELOR'S DEGREE OR THREE OR MORE YEARS PROGRAM AT A UNIVERSITY ETC.
Which is slightly different than CrS calculator

Notice It says
OR instead of the those brackets in CRS calculator.

But tbh I am still skeptical
That's why I shared the screenshot. Is your Canadian diploma a 3 year degree certificate? :)

Raptor33

May 10, 2020

The CRS calculator is a tool that can help you estimate your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score. The CRS is a points-based system that is used to assess and rank Express Entry candidates. The higher your CRS score, the more likely you are to be invited to apply for permanent residence.

The question "What is your level of education?" is asking you to select the highest level of education that you have completed. In your case, you have completed a 3-year advanced diploma. This is a level of education that is equivalent to a bachelor's degree.

Therefore, you should select the option "Bachelor Degree (Three or More Year Program at a University, College, or Other Institute)". This will give you the maximum number of points for your education.

However, it is important to note that the CRS calculator is only an estimate. Your actual CRS score may be higher or lower, depending on your individual circumstances.

If you are unsure about which option to select, you should consult with an immigration lawyer. An immigration lawyer can help you understand the requirements of the Express Entry program and ensure that you are submitting a complete and accurate application.

Here are some tips for selecting the correct education level for your CRS calculator:
  • Be honest. If you have completed a 3-year advanced diploma, you should select the option "Bachelor Degree (Three or More Year Program at a University, College, or Other Institute)".
  • Be accurate. Make sure that you select the option that is most accurate for your level of education.
  • Be patient. It may take some time to calculate your CRS score.

rohit39

Jan 31, 2024

Select the option that corresponds to a program longer than 3 years, as your 3-year advanced diploma falls into this category. While it may not be explicitly labeled as such, the categorization in question 4c indicates that programs longer than 3 years, whether bachelor's degrees or diplomas, are considered equivalent in terms of points allocation.

Last edited:

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Select the option that corresponds to a program longer than 3 years, as your 3-year advanced diploma falls into this category. While it may not be explicitly labeled as such, the categorization in question 4c indicates that programs longer than 3 years, whether bachelor's degrees or diplomas, are considered equivalent in terms of points allocation, you can check the detailed points grid in this CRS calculator to know certain points for specific factors.
Stop placing spam links with controlled anchor text.