+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion Confusion Confusion

kevin petersen

Jul 27, 2012
2) If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials (your foreign degree, diploma or certificate) assessed against Canadian standards.

You may not need an assessment if:

you have at least one year of recent work experience in Canada, or
your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work).
Note: Even if you don’t think you need to have your foreign education assessed to be eligible under Express Entry, you may want to do so to increase your chances of being invited to apply.

-Now what does that mean? I have my masters from Canada? I guess I should not do it BUT will my wife be eligible for points since principle applicant is applying under CEC.
-I called CIC and i was told that they can not clarify anything, I should understand what is written and it will depend on the visa office ?

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
kevin petersen said:
2) If you were educated outside Canada, you may need to have your educational credentials (your foreign degree, diploma or certificate) assessed against Canadian standards.

Note: Even if you don't think you need to have your foreign education assessed to be eligible under Express Entry, you may want to do so to increase your chances of being invited to apply.

-Now what does that mean? I have my masters from Canada? I guess I should not do it BUT will my wife be eligible for points since principle applicant is applying under CEC.
-I called CIC and i was told that they can not clarify anything, I should understand what is written and it will depend on the visa office ?
Where is the confusion at all here? You cannot count your wife's points if she has not done her ECA. You are master applicant, and hence you will be able to count Canadian master's points fine. Are you even sure, you have masters? Because you sure cannot comprehend simple instructions.

I am sorry to be harsh, but these questions are retarded, and even more retarded is the title you have given to this post.

kevin petersen

Jul 27, 2012
bambooshka

Even i guess you have issue with reading a sentence properly. Read carefully before acting over smart and giving harsh answer . My confusion is since I am (principle applicant) is exempted . Will it hold true for for dependent as well?

Here is a blog where people ask even the simplest question. I know the answer, I just wanted to clarify. If you do not want to give the answer, just shut up... Don't answer if you can not be respectful. Well may be that the standard you maintain...

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
kevin petersen said:
bambooshka

Even i guess you have issue with reading a sentence properly. Read carefully before acting over smart and giving harsh answer . My confusion is since I am (principle applicant) is exempted . Will it hold true for for dependent as well?

Here is a blog where people ask even the simplest question. I know the answer, I just wanted to clarify. If you do not want to give the answer, just shut up... Don't answer if you can not be respectful. Well may be that the standard you maintain...
And I answered that no your spouse is not exempted if her education is not Canadian, and if you want to count points against her education. You can apply without ECA, but points can't be counted. The language clearly says "You". You means principal applicant.

I was actually being informative, can't you frame the topic title better so that others can know what your confusion is about at an instant. Start behaving like you actually possess a masters degree. These are seriously simple questions, that can be answered by just going over the FAQs. I now understand what call center agents must go through with questions like these. When you are the one asking for help, stop being hostile.

kevin petersen

Jul 27, 2012
The reason of my hostility is triggered by you. All you could say is read the FAQs and do not act smart to give advice. I was trying to clarify my doubt.

The CIC agent was really smart like you and she could not even give me the answer. All she said was it will depend on the visa officer/office. I did not understand what she meant.

Also, after talking to CIC, i gave this title topic, instead of lecturing people on title, why don't you learn the manner of writing more decently...

gomzythakkar

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
kevin petersen said:

Note: Even if you don't think you need to have your foreign education assessed to be eligible under Express Entry, you may want to do so to increase your chances of being invited to apply.

Dont take anything as a thumb rule as of now. We are expecting exact and accurate information to be published on JAN 1 2015. I am in same dilemma about ECA. Believe me, ECA is not mandatory but if you need to improve the chances of getting selected, you should have one !!
and I know confusion is obvious. :)