+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusion between old CEC and Express Entry CEC

rkan

Dec 11, 2014
Hi.. I am kind of concerned regarding the new change. I have some doubts and questions for you.

1) I am done with my one year of Canadian Experience on 12th January. Is it fissible to file a PR in old CEC system(by taking a chance) or is it better to wait for the new system to get implemented?

2) In new system, they grants 600 points for job offer letter. My question is, is that job letter limited only to the companies who are registered on Job bank or simply just an ongoing employment will count that 600 points in?!

3) Is there any different system which will divide the applicants viz. One who are applying within the Canada and the one applying from overseas.
Or
All have to go through with the same integrated system of Express Entry?

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
1) You have no choice but to go through EE after Jan 1.

2) Job offer with LMIA gets you 600 points. Does not have to be through job bank. if you have job, you will skip registering with job bank.

3) No. Everyone through EE. Inside Canada have a separate PNP track too, though.

rkan

Dec 11, 2014
I really appreciate for your quick response.

Just to make myself and many more like me more clear, can you please put some light on the new CEC procedures in EE system after Jan 1? Is there any cons in new procedures?

bambooshka

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
rkan said:
I really appreciate for your quick response.

Just to make myself and many more like me more clear, can you please put some light on the new CEC procedures in EE system after Jan 1? Is there any cons in new procedures?
Not until the full system is rolled out, we will see its impact and shortcomings. Right now, things are a bit murky. But ideally, this is a good system for skilled people. It pre-screens and ranks applicants. This reduces clutter of applications on CIC's desk, places value on skills by ranking them, creates competition making sure skilled candidates are let in. It is not a first-in first-out system. Which is the biggest benefit. Otherwise, streams got closed mid-year in CEC due to slots being filled in by candidates applying first giving an undue advantage. With EE, all that is done away with due to rolling nature of applications.

Shortcomings will be seen gradually, and even this system can be improved. But this is an improvement over the old archaic one. I will reserve my comments for later on that.