+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confusing Photo Request -- IMM 3999 and Appendix B

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by Huxley1234, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Vo has just requested some documents from us and the way part of the request is worded is confusing:

"Three (3) original and recent photographs for yourself (photographs must conform to the ALL
    specifications outlined in the Guide to Immigrating IMM 3999 and Appendix B Photo
    Specifications)"

Can you clarify if this simply means provide 3 of those passport style head shots (as outlined in Appendix B)... I can't seem to find what the photo guidelines are in IMM 3999 and I have no idea if they are expecting a different set of photos AS WELL AS the Appendix B photos. Or will just the 3 appendix B photos do?

2. Notes to the photographer The photos must:
    • show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders showing full face centered in the middle of the photograph;
    • have a plain white background;
    • be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or
    exposed simultaneously by a split-image or multi-lens camera.
    The photos must:
    • measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown;
    • have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size.

3. Here is the link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3904E.PDF

4. thank you - I was clear on that already. What I wasn't sure about if there was an additional set of photos we needed produce. The way it's worded suggests two formats (IMM 3999 ...AND.... apendix B)