+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Confirmation of Permanent Residence (Inland)

elfut

Star Member
Jun 6, 2005
British Columbia
rich_m0nd said:
congrats elfut,

what do you mean by complexity of your country( Singapore) if you do outland sponsorship? cause i'm still waiting for mine. you submitted yours 1 month earlier than i did and i've not recieved my first stage of approval yet. anyhow, you're right. quality instead of quantity but in my case i'm trying to send them more so atleast they get to open my file when i send some info. i was thinking if i do outland and just do it in singapore. well i'm from philippines but i have a cousin in singapore so i can just stay there while waiting.
thanks richmond

complexity of your country(Singapore) - reason is because every singaporean is responsible to state where you are going and how long are you going out of Singapore, you can't just leave Singapore and disappear because it is an offence and I was only allowed to stay of out of country not more than 6 months. That is why I have to come back Singapore from Canada once every 6 months unless I have a work permit in Canada and thats exempted. You are liable to lose your citizenship if you MIA(missing in action) its an offence, penalty fines or even jail. It's the law and has to be respected just like Canadian law. And you were stating that you are going to stay in Singapore? You need an entry permit to enter Singapore depending how long you are going to stay in Singapore, our law usually only allows you to stay in Singapore for 3 months Visitor visa.
I am sorry that you have not received your first stage of approval. what is your current status in Canada may I know?
You could do outland but you will be wasting more resources(expenses,travel etc.)

rich_m0nd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2009
Hi elfut,

I see what you mean about your situation in Singapore. I thought the Canadian Embassy in Singapore is the issue. I am a refugee claimant. I wanted to withdraw my refugee claim when i recieved my AIP but it is just taking too long to get it. I just thought if this doesn't work through i'll do outland via singapore. i guess 3 months is good enough to get a visa or i can just come back or something like that. atleast there i have a place to stay. if only i have a visa to go to the states i would have just gone there while having my sponsorship so it'll be much faster. but i'll wait another month or two. i'm just really anxious about what's going on and i wanted to withdraw my refugee as i think it will affect my application and i can't do somethings without my passport cause the embassy is keeping it.