+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Class 7 learners permit, Alberta.

aqotis

Jan 14, 2014
Hi, does anyone know what is the consequences driving alone in Alberta with learners permit? I never had license back home, but i know how to drive, most of the time i will drive with supervision, but what will happen if i get caught alone? One says that my vehicle will get impounded other that you get just a fine but what its really like? Any information would be would be great, thanks.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
As per law u need Class 5 license to drive alone. Don't take risk.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
According to the Traffic Safety Act, it is handled similar to driving without a license and your vehicle could be impounded, you may get demerit points, you would get a fine between $300 and 2000 and if you do this repeatedly they would suspend your license.

However, I am not a lawyer so if you want to know for sure, go and see one.

bjkt

Star Member
Aug 7, 2014
aqotis said:
Hi, does anyone know what is the consequences driving alone in Alberta with learners permit? I never had license back home, but i know how to drive, most of the time i will drive with supervision, but what will happen if i get caught alone? One says that my vehicle will get impounded other that you get just a fine but what its really like? Any information would be would be great, thanks.
Don't drive alone... take some blonde with you. LOL kidding.
It is an offence, don't do it.

aqotis

Jan 14, 2014
Thanks everyone for the info, and like i said before most of the time i will be driving with supervisor, but in case of emergency, will be late for work or something and i need to drive alone, just needed to know what are consequences, and since its huge forum thought maybe some one already had experience with it. I was living in Ireland they have similar system when you pas your knowledge test you have to put L (learners) sign on your windscreen and you can drive with experienced driver if you get caught driving alone you get 200 Euro fine and that's it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aqotis said:
Thanks everyone for the info, and like i said before most of the time i will be driving with supervisor, but in case of emergency, will be late for work or something and i need to drive alone, just needed to know what are consequences, and since its huge forum thought maybe some one already had experience with it. I was living in Ireland they have similar system when you pas your knowledge test you have to put L (learners) sign on your windscreen and you can drive with experienced driver if you get caught driving alone you get 200 Euro fine and that's it.
If you look up the traffic safety act, you will see what I was saying that driving without a supervisor is classified under the same article as driving without a license. It says there too that the punishment is a fine between $300 and 2000 or jail if you don't pay the fine. It is highly possible that the fine for a first time offense would only be 300 but it could go up if you are caught again.

If you look into the demerit points system, you will see that there are 2 points for driving with a supervisor that is not qualified so definitely at least 2 points for driving with no supervisor at all. If you get 8 demerit points with a learners license, your license will be suspended.