+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarifying Employment Duration for Express Entry with Role Change and Updated LMIA-Exempt Work Permit

sandeeparora

Mar 13, 2024
I'm in the process of updating my Express Entry profile and have encountered a question regarding my employment history that I'm unsure how to answer accurately due to my specific circumstances.

Here's a brief overview:

I am currently in Canada on a closed work permit, which is LMIA-exempt due to an Intra-Company Transfer. My employment began on March 13, 2023. Subsequently, I experienced a change in my role and salary, but remained within the same NOC code. As a result of these changes, I was issued an updated work permit on August 2, 2023, though my UCI number remained the same.

As of now, I have completed one year of employment under the same employer. The question I'm facing on my Express Entry profile is:

"Has [Name] been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part-time work?)"

Given the change in my role and the update to my work permit, I'm uncertain how to respond. Should I answer "Yes" to indicate that I have indeed been working full-time for the same employer for over a year, despite the work permit update? Or does the change in circumstances require a different response?

I appreciate any insights or advice on how to accurately address this question in light of my situation.