+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship time calculation

landedguy

Jan 9, 2008
ok, I know the 1095 day formula for the citizenship process. Every day spent in Canada before becoming a permanent residence counts as half a day.But here is my question:

Is there anyone out there who has applied for citizenship a month after becoming a permanent residence and convinced the judge that time spent BEFORE becoming a permanent residence should be good enough? If so, please respond.

Thanks.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
That's mathematically impossible.

You are supposed to spend 3 out of 4 years in Canada. If you are given only .5 days for every day in 4 years, you only end up with 2 out of 4 years.

landedguy

Jan 9, 2008
Well, one person got his citizenship by being in the country for 79 days after he became a permanent residence. Yes i said 79 days. He left the country for most of the 3 years after he landed except the 79 days but the judge was convinced that he had "strong ties" with Canada ans thus it was enough to suffice his "residency" in Canada. However, i have not seen a case where a person has used the same reasoning for the time spent BEFORE become a landed immigrant. So, IF you have done so or know of someone who has please respond.

thanks

landedguy

Jan 9, 2008
I would appreciate a response from someone who has been able to do this. I already know what the laws are and as such trying to see how far it can be bent as in the case of the guy away from canada for the most part except and he was not employed by a canadian company or with his spouse. So, if you are not aware of such incidence, please refrain from responding (unless you are a lawyer or prove it is not possible)

thanks kindly.

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
This forum is filled with people who ask questions and become agitated and annoyed unless the response is exactly what they want to hear.

So.. welcome to the forum.

Does anyone have an answer to landedguy's question?

landedguy

Jan 9, 2008
It's also filled with people who answer questions even though the question was not directed to them but to some specific person who might have the information.