+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 Request for Docs

Bait2014

Jun 21, 2014
Has anybody from Montreal office gotten CIT 0520? What was your experiences?

OR any other offices in Canada?

How long did it take before you heard back from CIC after you submitted what they've ask you on the CIT 0520 form?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The forum has a search option - type the form in there and you will get multiple responses...next time you will have more success if you find a more polite way to phrase your follow up query as its come across as condescending.

Bait2014

Jun 21, 2014
Msafiri said:
The forum has a search option - type the form in there and you will get multiple responses...next time you will have more success if you find a more polite way to phrase your follow up query as its come across as condescending.
Msafiri,

I think you completely misunderstood me. I Didn't mean at all what you've stated. I was just saying that there has to be someone out there that have received the form CIT 0520 from CIC. That's all I meant.

Bait2014

Jun 21, 2014
Desert Lion said:
What do you mean by this form, I did not understand your question!
Desert Lion

I mean the form CIT 0520 from Citizenship and immigration titled "request for documentary evidence". If you've got it or know someone who has received it, what were the experiences after submitting to it. Did take long before you got an answer. That was my question.

ronin47

Jun 16, 2014
If you don't get a lot of replies, what the others are suggesting you to do is to conduct a search on this forum using the search function above. Why? Because by using the search option, you might come upon past discussions/pages/threads where people have talked about this particular CIT form you mentioned. People have used this forum for sometime, so a lot of times you can learn and find out a lot of things from previous discussions, currently active or not. It is just a search function and depending on what you type in that search box, results will show up.
Try different search words and combinations. Hope this helps.

Kanata2014

Jun 18, 2014
CIT0520 was discussed in this recent thread:
"Request for Documentary Evidence of Residence in Canada"

I can't post the link for some reason but simply enter the whole title of the thread in the Search box and it will lead you to it.

kmilo26

Jan 5, 2015
Hi there i also got this CIT 0520 Form,after i passed my test with 20 of 20,perfect! (On Nov 2014) and have been a crazy process cause in 2012 they sent me the RQ (that ask basically for same thing,proof of residence) and now this ,i cried a lot when i received this 0520 in the mail, i though it was the invitation for the oath,but nottt i opened it and CIC want more proof of my residence in this beautiful country,sad cause i have been a good citizen,since i leave my country(8 years ago) I never went back avoiding this kind of issues (without result) i know people who have been out of Canada for a long time,also they arrive in Canada long after me and they are already Canadian Citizens.( not jelous,just unfair)
I have been in 3 Islands each for a period of 7 days,so 21 days out of Canada only.I already sent all the documents request on Dec 18 but cristhmas and all this holidays make everything slow so not answer yet but please let me know if you received any notice,also I will.
Good luck

pan1234

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kmilo26 said:
Hi there i also got this CIT 0520 Form,after i passed my test with 20 of 20,perfect! (On Nov 2014) and have been a crazy process cause in 2012 they sent me the RQ (that ask basically for same thing,proof of residence) and now this ,i cried a lot when i received this 0520 in the mail, i though it was the invitation for the oath,but nottt i opened it and CIC want more proof of my residence in this beautiful country,sad cause i have been a good citizen,since i leave my country(8 years ago) I never went back avoiding this kind of issues (without result) i know people who have been out of Canada for a long time,also they arrive in Canada long after me and they are already Canadian Citizens.( not jelous,just unfair)
I have been in 3 Islands each for a period of 7 days,so 21 days out of Canada only.I already sent all the documents request on Dec 18 but cristhmas and all this holidays make everything slow so not answer yet but please let me know if you received any notice,also I will.
Good luck
I got the same form from CIC they are asking - my ROE, Heath history, Edu. transcripts, and Notice of assessments of my husband. So now we are giving them whatever is available and getting from OHIP and CRA. It is normal I think... :)