+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC used my old address as Mail Address

atakch

Apr 7, 2011
Hi guys,
I need your thoughts regarding the issue below:
I have received the AOR for my citizenship application end of last week. I checked ECAS today and I was surprised to see that CIC used my old address in Ontario as the mail address- the home address was right which is BC.
I checked a copy of my application to see if I made any mistake but my mail address was same as the home address which is BC and seems CIC made the mistake while logging in my info in the system.

Anyways I updated my mail address online through ECAS but unfortunately the book and confirmation letter were sent to the old address in ON.

Did anyone faced similar problem ? Do you guys think CIC can still send another copy of the book to the correct address ?
Any inputs or sharing similar experience will be appreciated. Thanks.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi guys,
I need your thoughts regarding the issue below:
I have received the AOR for my citizenship application end of last week. I checked ECAS today and I was surprised to see that CIC used my old address in Ontario as the mail address- the home address was right which is BC.
I checked a copy of my application to see if I made any mistake but my mail address was same as the home address which is BC and seems CIC made the mistake while logging in my info in the system.

Anyways I updated my mail address online through ECAS but unfortunately the book and confirmation letter were sent to the old address in ON.

Did anyone faced similar problem ? Do you guys think CIC can still send another copy of the book to the correct address ?
Any inputs or sharing similar experience will be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi, no need to worry. A lot of us had that issue. Updating it through ECAS is good enough. Also, even if you don't update it, once your application starts processing, IRCC will automatically change it to the correct address.

That being said, IRCC no longer mails out physical copies of Discover Canada unless you don't provide an email address on your application. You can choose to order one online for free, or download the pdf, or audio versions. Links are in the AOR email attachment, copied here for your reference:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/discover-canada.html

atakch

Apr 7, 2011
Hi, no need to worry. A lot of us had that issue. Updating it through ECAS is good enough. Also, even if you don't update it, once your application starts processing, IRCC will automatically change it to the correct address.

That being said, IRCC no longer mails out physical copies of Discover Canada unless you don't provide an email address on your application. You can choose to order one online for free, or download the pdf, or audio versions. Links are in the AOR email attachment, copied here for your reference:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/discover-canada.html
Thanks a lot for your prompt response. Do you know how long usually it takes for ECAS to show the new address after the update ?
Thanks again.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Thanks a lot for your prompt response. Do you know how long usually it takes for ECAS to show the new address after the update ?
Thanks again.
If your mailing address is the same as home address, then mailing address will disappear from ECAS, and it will only show the home address once the update takes effect.

Took around 2-3 business days in my case.

dkmemon

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
It also happened with me when I received the AOR of my son.They used my old address of Saudi Arabia when we applied for immigration. How ever other family members address was right,so I corrected it online.lets hope it works....!

Tmcdchef87

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
If your mailing address is the same as home address, then mailing address will disappear from ECAS, and it will only show the home address once the update takes effect.

Took around 2-3 business days in my case.
Sorry to bump this thread but I was searching for an answer to this and maybe Razer can help me.

I was on ECAS and noticed my mailing address is blank but my home address is there. We have a consultant. Would it being blank signal that they are using my consultants address? Or is this something I shouldnt sweat? Our OWP was approved today and my consultant said it is going to be mailed to her. Just curious.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Sorry to bump this thread but I was searching for an answer to this and maybe Razer can help me.

I was on ECAS and noticed my mailing address is blank but my home address is there. We have a consultant. Would it being blank signal that they are using my consultants address? Or is this something I shouldnt sweat? Our OWP was approved today and my consultant said it is going to be mailed to her. Just curious.
I have a consultant and ECAS shows my mailing address as my consultants